PAUSED - Fish to give away

canuckjc

Hi,

We are moving cross country and I have some fish to give away. I have yellowfin tuna (ahi), bluefin tuna, wahoo (Hawaiian ono), yellowtail (hamachi), and some halibut.
The halibut was caught last summer in Icy Bay, Alaska, and processed at the lodge.
The rest were caught last fall on the Intrepid long-range boat out of San Diego and processed by 5 Star Fish Processors.
Everything has been chamber vacuum bagged and deep frozen since caught. It is all in excellent condition.

I have already filled up my neighbour's freezers, and I tried to donate it in town but the food banks won't take it without government labelling.

I've attached some pictures for your amusement. The halibut is the largest I took that week at 120lbs, with most in the 50-75 lb range. The wahoo was a fish that eluded me forever. I finally caught 3 or 4 that trip breaking my slump. The tuna picture is actually from another trip but I thought it looked cool. I've also taken a picture of some of the tuna bags to give you an idea of the packaging.

Please direct message me at 778-817-0772 if you would like some. I am in Oak Bay.
I'd like to spread it around if possible. Each bag is between 1 and 2 pounds and I still have quite a bit. It's especially nice if you want to try some different fish.

PS. I'm also selling the freezer. We can talk about that separately.

Attachments

• IMG_7233.jpg
    IMG_7233.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 146
  • wahoo.jpg
    wahoo.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 123
  • ahi.jpg
    ahi.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 20220524_110104.jpg
    20220524_110104.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 146
Hi,

We are moving cross country and I have some fish to give away. I have yellowfin tuna (ahi), bluefin tuna, wahoo (Hawaiian ono), yellowtail (hamachi), and some halibut.
The halibut was caught last summer in Icy Bay, Alaska, and processed at the lodge.
The rest were caught last fall on the Intrepid long-range boat out of San Diego and processed by 5 Star Fish Processors.
Everything has been chamber vacuum bagged and deep frozen since caught. It is all in excellent condition.

I have already filled up my neighbour's freezers, and I tried to donate it in town but the food banks won't take it without government labelling.

I've attached some pictures for your amusement. The halibut is the largest I took that week at 120lbs, with most in the 50-75 lb range. The wahoo was a fish that eluded me forever. I finally caught 3 or 4 that trip breaking my slump. The tuna picture is actually from another trip but I thought it looked cool. I've also taken a picture of some of the tuna bags to give you an idea of the packaging.

Please direct message me at 778-817-0772 if you would like some. I am in Oak Bay.
I'd like to spread it around if possible. Each bag is between 1 and 2 pounds and I still have quite a bit. It's especially nice if you want to try some different fish.

PS. I'm also selling the freezer. We can talk about that separately.
I would love to try some tuna/wahoo! What an offer!! I’ll send you a private msg :)

I can attest to the quality of filleting and vac packing that Five Star does....top notch and I eat sashimi all the time that they've processed even a year old stuff.

Thanks guys! I have several messages and I'm working through them now. Will post back with what's left.

-Jimmy

Ok guys,

I have to temporarily pause the process while I sort out the requests I've received already. Please be patient and I'll post back later this evening.

Thank you,
-Jimmy

Ok guys,

I have to temporarily pause the process while I sort out the requests I've received already. Please be patient and I'll post back later this evening.

Thank you,
-Jimmy
Can you please make sure it's people that actually contribute to the forum that are benefiting from your offer? Very generous of you.

Thanks for your patience. It was a busy day and I had to watch the game.

I have some more to give away, mostly yellowfin and bluefin tuna. The yellowtail (hamachi), wahoo, and halibut are almost gone. If you would like some, please message me at 778-817-0772. I will be able to accommodate a few more people.

-Jimmy

Back