Spooling costs for Shimano 4000

abbyfireguy

Looking for the the best place cost wise to get 4 Shimano 4000's spooled in Fraser Valley.
Time to replace the old line with some new stuff.
I live in Abbotsford and work in Vancouver so anywhere in between.
Thanks.

I have never been charged for having my reels spooled. It is included with the cost of the line. Check your local stores, I would be supprised to hear they are now charging to fill your reels.

I think the cost of the line = the cost of getting the reel spooled.

Unless this poster has his own line he wants to bring in and get put on? Doubtful.

Just go support your faveorite tackle store don't spend $10 gas driving around to save $2 on line.

I use Ande's and buy it in a big spool and change the line on my reels every couple of years.

I use Ande's and buy it in a big spool and change the line on my reels every couple of years.

Ande is good stuff too, but it isn't Maxima.

You get what you pay for in this world :)

Significantly cheaper than Maxima UG though....

Most tackle shops will have bulk spools and will spin it on for free. I had 300 yards of Maxima 30 lb spun on at Gone Fishing for about $30.

Wholesale's big spring sale includes bulk line spooling. My dad just got his 2500 Sahara spooled with 170yds of 8 lb Trilene Xl for $2.50 after the discount - can't beat that!

Ukee

Most tackle shops will have bulk spools and will spin it on for free. I had 300 yards of Maxima 30 lb spun on at Gone Fishing for about $30.

$30 seems to be the standard.

I believe Trotac in Victoria does Shimano 2000 and 4000 series moochers for $18, but I could be mistaken.

i'm not sure about now but years ago ande and maxima were made in the same factory, used to buy spools of ande but presently have a large spool of 25# maxima i got for a steal, left over stock from one of the lodges.
cheers nicnat

If you are a member of SVIAC and get to Victoria on occasion, once a year you can go to Outfitters and they will put quality line on one salmon reel for you for free. That’s a good deal and with all the other discounts available my $40.00 membership ends up being free and in fact it saves me money. Something to consider, especially given all the good this organization does for fish and the interests of anglers.

Anyone else tried Berkley Trilene Big Game mono -- opinions. I have used the electric blue and green and found the line performance good. Have also used Maxima and not noticed a lot of difference but it seems more are suggesting going with Maxima.

Berkeley big game is all I use for my mainline with maxima for leaders
X2. Berkley Big Game in low vis green is all I've used for 15 years or more as mainline.Great line with very good abrasion resistance.I buy little pony spools of 40 lb. UG for leader material.Usually get a couple of seasons out of it,as I rarely
fish salmon more than 10-12 days a year in the chuck.

Good to hear on the Berkley, since I have two 4440 yard bulk spools of electric blue and green for line swap outs. I bought them when I heard that Berkley was not going to make it in those high res colors anymore in 40lb test unless someone ordered some huge quantity to make a production run worthwhile. Don't know if you can get those colors any more in 40lb from Berkley unless someone has old stock or if they have started making them again.
Depending on the reel and rod I use 30 or 40lb main line. Seems safer fishing in high current with flashers and seals around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wholesale sports Langley
Max UG is the norm , or bulk Andy at Nikka does the job just fine ,
ive used it a couple times , zero difference in performance ,im a little pickier when it comes to my leader materials.. i re spool annually
i personally buy my line bulk from the good guys at PNT Parksville http://pacificnetandtwine.com/?cat=2328,2494&SESS=a5dtgvt39mbn5g9r9dmk7f8kc6&filter=

for ya locals , nikka is a good one stop shop , http://nikka.ca/store/department/67/Fishing-Line/

or Wholsale Sports Langley http://www.wholesalesports.com/stor...shing/fishing-line/c0-c20-c201-c20109-p1.html

fd

Last edited by a moderator:
Back