Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Oh just in Beecher Bay, the gentleman I bought the boat off of last year had it moored out there and I enjoyed running for 2 minutes and being able to fish. It spoils a guy after hauling the boat all over!

Buddy said he landed a x2 off the head Mon. morning & realeased one around 20# Sun aft. is a good idea... they'll busy emptying the Keg!

Good Luck...Calm seas...GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!...sammy

Oh just in Beecher Bay, the gentleman I bought the boat off of last year had it moored out there and I enjoyed running for 2 minutes and being able to fish. It spoils a guy after hauling the boat all over!

Even when the fishing's slow the bay is not hard on the eyes! Good luck Knotty... if you need anything i'll be close by...sammy

Thanks Sammy, I am going to try to sneak out on Saturday before noon for a few hours. May at least get some nice pictures of some of the derby guys with their monster fish coming in!

Good Luck to all in the Derby this weekend!!!

Out today from 8:00 to 12:30 taking 3 guests from Sweden out. Saw guite a few fish caught (two boats had double headers). One of the boats netted both fish which appeared to be ~20 lb. each. We hit 3 fish at ~9:00, 11:00, and 12:30. The first and last were wilds of ~12 and ~20 which we released, the middle fish was a hatchery 6 lb. Back at Cheanuh an older guy was fileting two springs that each had their adipose fins cut off, you've got to wonder!!! Another boat that pulled from the launch area released a ~30 lb. wild and caught a 7 lb. to keep. Definately some fish out at Beecher to Sooke.
Out Sat and Sun in the derby.
...Rob

Out for a pre fathers day fish with my son & wife 8:30-1...hit 4 realesed 3,1wild around 20lb.& 2 smaller ones -5lb. the 1st. was expertly scooped by a lucky eagle about 3 ' off the stern very suprised to see it so close to the boat...most of the bigger fish were taken around mid day...was rewarded on the way in with a 17lb. hatchery :=)

Thanx rsc,manana is derby day not much into the big crowd,besides with so many fish out there;) have to conserve room on my licence !;)

Last edited by a moderator:
How was it over the weekend?

Out mon-tues to spin some choves.

Hey Lip and Sammy,

Im heading out late tomorrow morning to the trap shack if you guys are around. Hopefully we get to snag a few nice ones.

I most times have my ears on channel 68 if you guys are around.

Mike

Hey lippy congrats on the knot tying...good luck in the many years to come...sammy

Me too. Wind looks like it is finally calming down..... Trap is in order me thinks in morning.

Smiley66
Originally Posted by A Knotty Buoy
Hey Lip and Sammy,

Im heading out late tomorrow morning to the trap shack if you guys are around. Hopefully we get to snag a few nice ones.

I most times have my ears on channel 68 if you guys are around.

Mike

Good luck guys, gotta put a few hrs. in @ the plant...let me know how it goes...sammy

It was very SLOWWWW today in the trap/head from 7-2 when we were out. Not a lot action. Saw a few fish caught but nothing exciting. Fog banks galore.... Awesome day on water. Besides my boat trailer axle breaking in driveway on the way back!

Smiley66
Thanx for the update smiley,
Phoned the marina,they said a good selection of fish in the 20's came in,crap already commited to giving it a go anyways...sorry to hear about the trailer breaking down hope it was in your driveway when it broke...If it's any consolation had it happen twice with my old boat, once on the way there/way back...both required a flat deck tow truck$$$$ = :-( ...sammy

Last edited by a moderator:
A good snap from 3-4 off the head. Saw only four taken from 8-2pm from the trap, head etc. Our fish were deep, all around 130 feet.

Yah I was with yah out there for a bit Tail, were you on a charter?

I got skunked as far as salmon today, and had to shake off a few black cod... sigh...

Good Luck tomorrow Sammy! Be sure to bring a camera, there was a few humpbacks off of church for half of the day.

Mike

Yah I was with yah out there for a bit Tail, were you on a charter?

I got skunked as far as salmon today, and had to shake off a few black cod... sigh...

Good Luck tomorrow Sammy! Be sure to bring a camera, there was a few humpbacks off of church for half of the day.

Mike
Will do Mike...sounds like the bite was better on p/m flood?...thanx sammy

Suck me side ways....... I blame my crew.

I lost one. Only one good head shake so I am not to blame :rolleyes:

Fished 9:30-2 at the rock... lost two outside and two up tight. Got a 15.

One of the guys lost two screamers, flashers an all, heavy fish. Good thing it was his gear.

Back out tomorrow. Taking a ruler for tomorrow cause I aint sayin don't touch the F'n reel again ;)

And thx Sammy...was a great day.

Back