Sooke Reports - Fall and Winter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
but then no answer

Explosive welding is used for joining two dissimilar metals that can't be joined by conventional welding means. Metals like steel and aluminum are joined and then cut into strips to serve as a joining transition. It's used on ship decks where they want to join an aluminum wheelhouse to a steel deck, for example. It's typically louder than blasting because the explosion is vented to atmosphere, not contained underground.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Everytime I've opened this page for the last week, it's tried to download a virus. Anyone else having their antivirus giving the same message? This is the only site giving me this problem.

virus is HEUR:trojan

Last edited by a moderator:
i hope whirl bay will still be on fire this weekend,,went to phoenix for 2 weeks then came home and aquired this dam flu,cold thing so haven't fished for over a month,weather looks good for this weekend,so far,going to go out both days,to see if i remember how to catch fish,hope to do well,,see you all out there

Has anyone thrown a crab trap in at Renfrew? Been out of the water for awhile and would love to go up for a day trip. Thanks, Xena

Took yo mamma out to whirl for a short couple hrs and watched him reel in a 7lber... Wasn't "hot" today, but there are definitely some fish in there if your willing to put the time in.

Fish flag pole to church rock whirl bay threw small one back lost a good one & a hit & run all on bait nothing on spoons or hootchies

Harbour mouth to trailer park for an hour and half, one hit, but no joy. Nice warm sun, but a chilly SE breeze.
[the hit was in front of bluffs at 110ft, betsy glow with purple haze...and it hit just as I doubled the speed, so there you go]

Couple other boats out, saw one net come out but didn't see what they landed. Made it back just in time to catch Madonna's half time show, LOL.

X2 Rook We were out of beecher yesterday 8am-1pm and had no hits. flagpoles bedfords and the head! Marked a good amount of bait at the head but no hits.

Anybody with a good report out there?

-Steve

Nope. Fished from 8-1230 with the same luck. All in all it's been a less than stellar winter fishery everywhere this year for our boat. I'm finished wasting my time looking for a 6-10lb fish in the cold and feeding the seals. Time to start prepping the big boat for those halibut now.

We had a fair day in Whirl Bay on Saturday. Four to the boat, kept 3 between 8-11 lbs. Two on bait two on 4" spoon. A monster 10"+ dungy and a couple actually decent size red rock waiting for me too on the way back to the dock. Light breeze but alomst could taste summer out there! Great to get out, it had been too long!!!

where are all the fish???

fished beecher bay,bedfords whirl bay all day saturday,only 1 hit and lost it,only seen one net come out from others,,very slow,got 4 dungy's,went out to fish the same areas with rook on sunday,,not even a hit,didn't see any nets or other action from others,,got 6 nice big dungy's,,at least the crab was tasty,,hope next weekend produces fish,

Seems to be a slower than usual winter fishery in most places...
the absence of bait is the problem, no bait, no fish :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back