Sooke Reports - 2007

Reel Addiction and i got a 25 on Sat on the first pass at Church. There was small bite at Possesion on Sunday with a zoo of boats and a bit of a snap just East of the Head. Pretty slow for the amount of boats out, but great weather.

IMG_1281.jpg

We fished the Trap on Saturday and managed a couple of 8's a 12.5 and a 13.5 all before 10:30 am
It was good enuf to win me 14th place in the Rodmans Derby and a 110L Igloo cooler[8D]
Seen u go by on Sat Justin, Steve-O's not nearly as good lookin as your dog[:p]
Jason

Hit Otter at daybreak sat.I have not fished Sooke in calm seas like that for some time.Bite seemed to last from 8am to 10am.Had to beat the shakers off with a stick.Managed a 25 and two,yes two hatchery coho.Lost a nice one at the boat and had two BIG springs that didnt want to play nice.
Game on people!

Just got back from our 2 day trip... first we got there saturday evening and decided to go out for a couple of hours (wow was it calm!) but didn't catch anything... had only 2 hits but no biggie.

Next, fished sunday morning. We fished between the trap and the head early until about 9 30 or 10 and it only produced a 10 lbs spring, then moved over to secretary... didnt get anything

Last, we fished monday morning... totally screwed up and forgto to grab bait, so decided we would just get soem at the marina... bad idea, office closed!!! thankfully a nice guy gave us an older pack he had which lasted us til 6 30 which was when we decided to return to check if the office was open, adn it was... later we fished aroudn the trap and EVERYONE was getting fish but us (at least it seemed like that). Couldnt figure it out... so tried heading to deeper water.... only caught a 5 lbs coho and 8 lbs sockeye</u>? didnt know they were in... hmmm

Oh well fun trip we'll do better next time, too bad we didnt get anythnig big...

PS: I used to fish bechar bay a lot and this was basically our return trip... were we doing somthing wrong? or is that just bad luck...

thanks and tight lines,
Waddy

Adda boy maddog,,, keep em comin,,, nice fish...

got 2 today but really had to work for them the whales went through at about 7 am today

Wolf

ok here you go the before I left and yesterday

100_2486.jpg

sookefishing2007024.jpg

Good luck Wolf

i see my boat is still floating in the background...lol, i really should get out there. ive been just too darn busy:(. good job wolf.

Yesterday, Two springs less than 10 pounds released in the morning and again two in the afternoon released as well. Came home with a 17 and a 18 for the days effort. Wow what a beauty sky scape!

Good day today we had 3 by 8:30 all teenagers, and saw quite a few others caught.

Out solo this a.m got a 26 and a 18. Beauty of a day with a good snap today! Fah Cups.

Fished the trap this morning. Lot's of fish. We got our 4 within 3 hrs the biggest being 31 and the smallest 18. Great Day Finally!

I guess the fish were bitting early, went out last night, fished beechy, the trap, secretary and possesion with only 1 fish, not even a big one....barbaque size

So which of you guys are guides for the Sooke area? OR who is the guy to go with? and what does it cost for a day out chasin tail (not at the bars)? PM me if you don't want to post prices.

Thanks.

-Tommy

Back