Sooke or the Waterfront?

addicted

Heading out tomorrow, any ideas where to go for a "sure thing"? Not that there ever is a sure thing. Thanks.

Well I was off of victoria today and it was dead I mean DEAD off of there did waterfront then out to the bank there was bait ball after bait ball from clover to macaulay pt but couldnt get anything so I would go for sooke and try out there.

Good luck Wolf

I fished off Clover point this afternoon, lost 2 good ones
right on the bottom at 160-180' on spoons. released a small one..
copcar and purple tomic spoons.
crabbing very good, 4 large hard shell males off Willows

well im going off the waterfront tomarrow cause ive heard its hot. all the herring is coming out of the gorge(small little ones so use small bait like 4" herring are coming out ). and theres winter springs every where. i was talking to one guy he said he lost 7 including 2 big ones. and Gord stubbs said he was getting abunch too. the winters are in the harbour mouth right at the bottom and in the inside wall of the breakwater.

i fished the waterfront today. it was crazy. everyone around me (including me) was picking up fish. there was bait every where. i was off and around Mc cauley point and the harbour. i was using spoons, 4" Coyote mongoose spoon and a 4" green glow Coyote spoon. but i changed hooks to trebles after 25 mins of fishing because i was loosing to many. it was great fishing. the bellies of the fish were full of bait. 2" to 3.5" and they were lots, at least 25 of them per fish

and there were seals and sea lions galore! but they stayed by the breakwater. there was a group of 15 sealions that were chasing fish around. but i came prepared, i brought some bottle rockets:D got some good shots in

Well mongoose I never saw you there all day???????????? and I was there from 7:30 to almost 10:30 there was only 5 boats out there????very strange I didnt see you????but we managed to get our fish a few nice keeper crab.

Good on ya addicted thats a great day ill believe you!!!

Wolf

haha, i know why you didnt see me, because i was out at 2pm-to 3:30pm. woke up at 7:00am, then needed more sleep then woke up at 11:30. then had to get the boat ready and find all the keys i lost. was hoping to be out there at 8am,

ill be out tomarrow. some time in the morning hopefully

quote:Originally posted by Mongoose

i fished the waterfront today. it was crazy. everyone around me (including me) was picking up fish. there was bait every where. i was off and around Mc cauley point and the harbour.
Hey Mongoose, any size to these fish , or are they all 5-8 lbs ??

well the biggest was a 9 then a 5 then today i got another 5, i was going to release it but it was caught in the eye and bleeding bad. and i knew a seal would eat it after i released it. i was out fishing between 12:30 and 2:30

anyone else been catching anything off the waterfront? i caught a message in a bottle while fishing today

Back