Sooke Coho

Coho fishing was great yesterday. 1-2 miles offf Beechey Head. 70-90 feet. Hooked 7 but only landed 2. Cop Car spoon and purple haze squirt worked best. Even hooked one on an Army Truck spoon on my fly rod in the top 15 feet.

HI ALL. was out yesterday 600 ft. of water out from beachy head lucked out on a 11 lb.wild and a 7 lb.hatch and lots of shakers. used a 4" cop car on the big one and glow white teaser for the other.came back to the dock at cheanuh and they were just weighing in a 168 lb.hawg i didn't ask where he got it CHEERS.

Coho fishing was great today. 5 hours- 15 fish to the boat!
Biggest 15lb and a couple of 12lb the rest 5-7lb. Only 1 marked. Everything released today.

Great to see the coho back in such numbers!!

Tips

quote:Originally posted by Tips Up

Coho fishing was great today. 5 hours- 15 fish to the boat!
Biggest 15lb and a couple of 12lb the rest 5-7lb. Only 1 marked. Everything released today.

Great to see the coho back in such numbers!!

Tips

It takes a real man to release a 15 lb coho Tips...
(i don't know if i could do that)[}:)]

[/quote]

It takes a real man to release a 15 lb coho Tips...
(i don't know if i could do that)[}:)]

[/quote]

Craven
Yes it does...
It wasn't my call. I wanted to club it![:0]

Tips

Fished on the weekend at 90 and 60 feet with bait. a bit spotty; we managed to get two beautiful coho 12 and 8 pounds. Both caught at sheringham..... in about 400 feet of water.
good luck, good fishing....

7 Coho for us in about 500-580 feet of water off Donadson Isl. From 65 feet to 135 feet. 14lbs clipped Coho 8 lbs clipped and the rest all about 5-8 lbs wild. 1/2 on bait and 1/2 on spoons. Great day on the water.

<((---(

Nice job Spring Action!

Hope they are still around this weekend. This late season fishing action is really cutting into my hunting time.

Tips

We're going to give the coho a shot,then see if there's any winter springs around.Sunday looks like the best day.Anyone else going out?DAN

We're going to give the coho a shot,then see if there's any winter springs around.Sunday looks like the best day.Anyone else going out?DAN

Might be. I was thinking tomorrow morning but depends on the weather.
If I go Sunday it will be in the afternoon when I get back from hunting.
Love the Island Life!!

Tips

Might be. I was thinking tomorrow morning but depends on the weather.
If I go Sunday it will be in the afternoon when I get back from hunting.
Love the Island Life!!

Tips

Well went out for 5 or so hours,bunch of shakers,and 2 hatchery springs around 3 lbs,fiesty little guys,sent them all back to grow up.Nice day fairly calm.DAN

Well went out for 5 or so hours,bunch of shakers,and 2 hatchery springs around 3 lbs,fiesty little guys,sent them all back to grow up.Nice day fairly calm.DAN

Went out with Tailspin yesterday afternoon, land 2 nice wild Coho 10 & 13lbs, 2 hatchery coho 6 & 8 lbs, and a bunch of wintersprings...:)

Back