Sooke 2013 Fishing Reports

Yes myself, addicted and rambo decided to head out west to see if we could find a biggy we could actually keep and found one. It weighed in at 50.2 lbs. Pretty exciting battle. Manage to rangle up some other solid fish too and slid down to otter for a few tacks and managed up a feeder to wrap up the night. Great day on the water I wont soon forget.

Congratulations! where did you get it?

Told you fishing in sooke is good now!!!!!!!!congrats !!!

What an incredible fish for Sooke! Great to think you don't have to go to Haida Gwai or Rivers Inlet to get a picture like that. Truly amazing....well done guys!!

Wow. In my dreams only! I have to do something different for bigger ones and have not figured it out yet and am running out of time! Good for you guys! That's one very big fish.

Congrats, nice to see there still are a few of those coming by. Maybe there is one more out there, keeps us trying. Also nice to see a reward for those who play by the rules.

Hooooly hell what a SLAB boys!

A red to boot! What a gat-damn tank.

Thanks boys! Yup, to say its a fish of a lifetime is an understatement. Especially in sooke these days! It fought like the beast it is/was and I was happy to have 3 guys on the boat that knew what they were doing... It'll be measured and mounted for sure and my wife will just have to accept that the piece of art over the fireplace is about to be retired... It's still early and I suspect there will be some big ones still to come! Go get them boys!

Nice fish! Wow - I do a bit of fishing in Haida Gwaii and rarely do I see this size even up there. Probably about one like this every 2 weeks or so. Congrats and good to hear they're now down here.

Congrats. very big Tyee, especially for the south end of the island. That should get people out fishing off Victoria and Sooke when DFO drops the latest slot extension and finally gives us back our Chinook fishery in a couple of days. Perhaps we will see those empty berths in the marinas begin to fill up a little more now.

Out this morning very windy but managed to find a couple of spring and lost a few. The wind did not help. Nice to see lots of fish out there.

WOW, HOLY CATFISH BATMAN, Now that's a lunker!!! I might have to give up the Trophy for that one .... Not!!! I bet you were glad you had three guys on board that new what to do, must have been one hell of a battle to get that one in!! Great job guy's, one way to put some lead in your pencil, good timing to with the slot being lifted in a couple of day's - Bring it on!!!

What kind of depth are you guys fishing at now? I was out at the trap last Sat and had nothing but pinks. I would like to go out near otter this weekend and target some big spring? Suggestions on depth, flasher colors, lures, etc would be appreciated.

Back