sockeye port albernie

c.askin

does anyone know yet if there will be sockeye retention in port albernie this summer???? thanks for any info in advance.

:D RUMOUR has it ~~~~Non retention till after test results July 7 but FN have a small quota of 5000 till then .Stay tuned [?]

well.........
i heard it's gunna be closed until july 1st. and then open it to sports fisherman for 1 sockeye a day.per person :(
i think thats just trying satisfy the sports fishermen so that when it comes time for the natives to go in the river and net the sockeye...... then maybe we won't complaain about it??? i dunno.
all i know is that i'm ready to keep all sockeye i catch, if the natives are allowed to net sockeye in the river if we only get 1 a day.:(

Now now Fisherman 14. We are all equal in this county. No special treatment for you. I know I will just catch my one and then buy myself another 5 from the natives on the side of the hwy. They keep them nice and fresh in kiddie pools. Yummmmm!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...why the **** are they allowed to sell the fish? They have 'rights' to a traditional fishery for food and trade...sale is not trade, and traditional is spears and canoes.
My FN rant for this year:(

Could not agree with you any more Backatit. Just blows my mind how the sport fisherman always seem to be the ones that get screwed over when we bring in the most income to our province by a long strech. I better not keep going, just makes me mad.
Tight Lines

The disparity is just another way DFO [:eek:)] keeps us fighting amongst ourselves instead of forcing them to produce results. [8] my 2 cents

quote:The disparity is just another way DFO keeps us fighting amongst ourselves instead of forcing them to produce results. my 2 cents

Absolutely bang on. By far the most inept organization known to man. Wish I had a job where I could be wrong 95% of the time and really wrong the other 5% and still make money. Not only that but everytime I am wrong blame it on warm water temps in the rivers. And of course look the other way everytime I see a tennis net stretched across a river. I could go on and on but I just started crying and need to take my meds to calm the voices in my head.....

As criteria on openings stands now; as per aborigional fishery treaty negotiations.

1 Conservation

2 Natives

3 Commercial fishery

4 Sporties

Soon the Natives will have jurisdiction and rights over Conservation. Very, very soon they will have no hurdle and will decide on there own openings. ANd we get fines for not filing a barb down on the sweater test. commom.

This Fishery is going the way of the Dodo Bird rather fast. Very sad times ahead folks. Do some diging and you will uncover this factual information as it unfold right under our noses behind closed doors.

Lots of Golfing for our future generations i suspect!

Back