slow year

My last word on this, Rob W. I agree moving farms to dry land would be a great improvement, be nice to see some federal money to help do that, it's time the west gets more help. Dr Hook, good point, everything we eat today has been processed or modified somehow and it is catching up to us. As for our salmon situation we need to look at the big picture, look what we're doing, bad logging practises, yes still logging to stream banks, greedy developers with no concern for creeks and estuaries, seining on the high seas with too much incidental catch, I remember when the seine fleet used to seine at the entrance to Juan de Fuca for 3 or 4 days a week all summer long, try and catch a fish at Sooke, good luck, that has stopped for now. Finally native net fishing is way out of control, it's no longer for food and ceremonial it's all about money now, thanks to our bad court decisions only Parliament can change that now. We must stop netting and harassing our salmon once they make that incredible journey back to they're rivers, remember they're the survivors and must be protected and allowed to reproduce.

Yeah I think we,ve pretty well thrashed this one out. Thanks Sven. Good Topic

Back