sidney report

C

CLUBBER

took my kid fishing a the powder wharf today. my 6 yr old got his first salmon. just under size so he got to release his first spring as well. lots of fun. 1 hr went by and another hit. Had the fish up to the boat and it spit the hook. oh well we still had fun.

Hi Clubber. I was the only other boat out there this afternoon. I must be cursed, I didn't even have a single bite today. Your little guy sure looked like he had a great time. And remember, he said he was the better fisherman as he actually landed his fish:):)

Hi Clubber. I was the only other boat out there this afternoon. I must be cursed, I didn't even have a single bite today. Your little guy sure looked like he had a great time. And remember, he said he was the better fisherman as he actually landed his fish:):)

have always fished sooke but never in sidney
where is the powder warf???any info would be great
thanks

have always fished sooke but never in sidney
where is the powder warf???any info would be great
thanks

tek, the powder wharf is on james isl in the sidney channel

thanks clubber
i will give it a try
do plastic,spoons or bait work best and can i drag the bottom
in that area
thanks

thanks clubber
i will give it a try
in that area
thanks

quote:Originally posted by CLUBBER

gerry do u fish there much?
That was only my second time in that area, I fished the other side of James Island Saturday, also shut out. Usually I fish out Sooke and Becher Bay way. I like it around James Island, though I would like it much better if I actually caught something there.

gerry do u fish there much?
That was only my second time in that area, I fished the other side of James Island Saturday, also shut out. Usually I fish out Sooke and Becher Bay way. I like it around James Island, though I would like it much better if I actually caught something there.

quote:Originally posted by Gerry

quote:Originally posted by tekk11

thanks clubber
i will give it a try
in that area
thanks
Oops, lets try that again. I can't speak as to what method works best :)but you definitely can drag bottom there, nice flat and sandy.

quote:Originally posted by Gerry

quote:Originally posted by tekk11

thanks clubber
i will give it a try
in that area
thanks
Oops, lets try that again. I can't speak as to what method works best :)but you definitely can drag bottom there, nice flat and sandy.

Hi Clubber,

Is the "powder wharf" the dock on the backside of James island?

Thanks

Hi Clubber,

Is the "powder wharf" the dock on the backside of James island?

Thanks

in between james and sidney isl u can see it on a chart of the area. i drag bottom but yesterday i hung up there. mst have been an old trap or anchor down there because it pretty sandy. try needle fish hootchies like j79 or tiny anchovies and fish the bottom 10 to 20'.

Back