ship reck near bamfield

J

jig55

when you head out from cape beal is the ship weck that I keep hearing about down towards port renfrew or the other way? thanks for the info.

Jig the wreck is west from Bamfield closer to Ucluelet (about 13 miles west of Ucluelet).

I believe it's marked with the "ship-wreck" symbol on the "Barkely Sound" Canadian Hydrographic Chart #3671. :)

Oppi

There's another "shipwreck" a little further south, but it's the northern one that gets fished most often. If you honestly don't know where to go, just follow the guide boats going out from Ucluelet in the wee hours! :D

My charts are on my boat, but I believe it is on either chart 3603 or 3602. I know for sure it shows up on my GPS CMAP for the area as well. I have not fished there in two years, but last time I was there is was absolutely on fire for springs between 15 and 25 pounds, the were hitting like Coho's we could not get our downriggers down all the way before they would hit.

I will be fishing out of bamfield from the 25 - 31 so I will look on the chart further up towards Ucluelet

Back