SFI-Open House Campbell River

Think about this, did the commercial fleet put up,their hands and say put cameras on our boats and we will gladly hail in.
Really, are you on another planet?
The commercial fleet did it because they had to as they were caught to many times screwing the system.
DFO downloaded the responsibility to them and then had someone check some of the tapes to check they were doing it.
Now they want to download the responsibility of sportsfishing catch records to the sports fishermen.

You all want to throw money at it when in fact you already pay for DFO through all your taxes and licenses.

It is Dfo that should be running this.

You need to get political on this and start giving your politicians something to think about..

Taking out your wallet will solve nothing as proven over the years.

By that same logic is it the gov't responsibilty to hire Environmental monitors for project construction, Collect WQ samples for pulp mills, etc. etc. I don't think so.

We, the sportfishing community, need to accept some level of responsibility here or else we are just pissing up against a wall. How inconvienienced would you be sumbitting you annual catch at the end of the year? hell, even monthly via a web portal. Granted, you won't get all users but you will capture that majority. At least enough to provide a decent depiction of the harvest.

I would expect more from the past mayor as he is more than well informed on the merry-go-round that is prov/fed politics and decision making currently.

Think about this, did the commercial fleet put up,their hands and say put cameras on our boats and we will gladly hail in.
Really, are you on another planet?
The commercial fleet did it because they had to as they were caught to many times screwing the system.
DFO downloaded the responsibility to them and then had someone check some of the tapes to check they were doing it.
Now they want to download the responsibility of sportsfishing catch records to the sports fishermen.

You all want to throw money at it when in fact you already pay for DFO through all your taxes and licenses.

It is Dfo that should be running this.

You need to get political on this and start giving your politicians something to think about..

Taking out your wallet will solve nothing as proven over the years.

There are lots fo things the DFO should be doing.... if we wait for them, there will be no sportfishing, or fish to sport fish for.

Lorne

And the only way to fix that is political.

There are lots fo things the DFO should be doing.... if we wait for them, there will be no sportfishing, or fish to sport fish for.

Lorne

yup good idea. sit back do nothing and ask the department to look after it..... good luck with that one. Dfo does not have the money to buy a cup of coffee let alone pay for better counting of the rec fishery. DFO will just increase the precautionary principle and reduce access. Also I believe in a user pay system. Why should Canadians with no thought of fishing have to pay for monitoring of the rec sector.

You are giving me a good ideal. Why not let the commercial group pay for it. They are making all the money off halibut as they sell them.
They appear to be doing all the whining so lets have them pay for the counting.

yup good idea. sit back do nothing and ask the department to look after it..... good luck with that one. Dfo does not have the money to buy a cup of coffee let alone pay for better counting of the rec fishery. DFO will just increase the precautionary principle and reduce access. Also I believe in a user pay system. Why should Canadians with no thought of fishing have to pay for monitoring of the rec sector.

Don't swallow the bait. Just another divide and conquer post to get the sporties fighting among themselves.

Don't swallow the bait. Just another divide and conquer post to get the sporties fighting among themselves.

No kidding... "OLD" black dog is living up to his name. Welcome to the 21st century my friend. This chit ain't free or cheap.

We all have a stake in this.

Back