SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit the Leafs look awfully good. Little extra effort tonight with Matthews returning to the lineup.

fell asleep at "walked down the hallway"
fd

Not a leaf fan but I kind of liked his story!

The leafs now need to deal with Nylander though. He has an outsized opinion of his talent, he is no Marner or Matthews so I believe the leafs should make him sit out the season, they don't need him. Then let other interested teams negotiate a tentative deal with him, and trade his butt out of town at the draft. Package him with a draft pick to get a top 4 defenseman in return if needed. Then there is some more cap space for Matthews, Marner, Kapanan and Gardiner. They will still need more space though, they signed Marleau for one year too long, They need to get rid of his $6 million salary next year, so trade him and a 2nd rounder to Vancouver for a 6th rounder, Canucks can handle the salary, and get a draft pick for helping Toronto out. Marleau can still play, and the Canucks get another draft pick to entertain people at the draft in Vancouver. win-win!

Not a leaf fan but I kind of liked his story!

The leafs now need to deal with Nylander though. He has an outsized opinion of his talent, he is no Marner or Matthews so I believe the leafs should make him sit out the season, they don't need him. Then let other interested teams negotiate a tentative deal with him, and trade his butt out of town at the draft. Package him with a draft pick to get a top 4 defenseman in return if needed. Then there is some more cap space for Matthews, Marner, Kapanan and Gardiner. They will still need more space though, they signed Marleau for one year too long, They need to get rid of his $6 million salary next year, so trade him and a 2nd rounder to Vancouver for a 6th rounder, Canucks can handle the salary, and get a draft pick for helping Toronto out. Marleau can still play, and the Canucks get another draft pick to entertain people at the draft in Vancouver. win-win!

Wow first time i kinda agree on anything ole Cali has said. **** i would trade a 40 year old to Vancouver any day, it seems they like these kind of trades anyways as it has been done in the past :D I to agree Nylander is overstating his worth, he only has 2 seasons in the league and the way Marner is playing he is going to get some big cash. Would it be nice to have him playing you bet, but we have to think about the big picture and he is not, just looking out for himself, **** Traveres could have signed for more money else where but he chose the Leafs as he can see what direction they are going. On another note good night in the NHL last night my Leafs won and the Nucks didn't loose :rolleyes:

Another tough loss but had their chances. Again too many passengers filling the injury gaps . Horvat needed someone to play with other than Schaller and Lepsic. Green added Virtanen half way thru the second and Horvat stepped it up.
That missed Reilly on Edler 4 minute interference non call late in the 3rd was ridiculous. As Derby mentioned EP40's play was something else. Vegas is coming on and play a strong team game.

Another 3rd period nucks collapse. 11 of last 12 losses. Could be 20% chance of getting hughes. More likely 4th overall pick though.

Fragile team for sure. Beagle and his experience in the 3rd maybe would have helped.EP40 line doesn't work in my opinion as they get hemmed in their defence zone consistently. Move Virtanen to this line which will add some defensive awareness and overall speed. The willingness is there but then again the weak defence puck battles at times are killing us. Onward and downward again.
Looks like 12th hour Toronto signs Nylander for $6.9 annually. Probably signed a week ago and the Leafs dragged it out for even more attention.LOL.

I think we now have a good idea why Del Zotto has moved from team to team throughout this career.
On a much brighter note, took the wife to see Bohemian Rhapsody this evening and that is one movie I wouldn't hesitate to consider a 4-5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️. Excellent entertainment for sure.

I think we now have a good idea why Del Zotto has moved from team to team throughout this career.
On a much brighter note, took the wife to see Bohemian Rhapsody this evening and that is one movie I wouldn't hesitate to consider a 4-5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️. Excellent entertainment for sure.
I saw it last night too. Was an awesome movie!
Yeah I almost fainted when I heard the signed Del Gottago. He always gets caught out of position

Looks like 12th hour Toronto signs Nylander for $6.9 annually. Probably signed a week ago and the Leafs dragged it out for even more attention.LOL.

Don Cherry and Brian Burke couldn't believe how much they paid him, and what it means next years RFAs will get. Leafs had been pretty disciplined on not massively overpaying but not now. The only good thing is the contract has a large amount of money as bonus upfront, so the salary paid is a lot less than the cap hit. Poor teams like that. Contract structured for a trade to Carolina maybe? Let him play with Matthew's and put up great numbers then move him next summer. Leafs will have to move Marleau and his contract to make room too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back