Selling our 2460 Pursuit Denali

If you want the ultimate dreamy tug style cruising boat, check out American Tug in La Conner, WA. Friends have a 41; Diesel power, max speed 12 kn, best cruise 6-7 kn @ 4.5 gph. Sufficient range to run to Rupert on a tank.
I looked - completely out of my price range....unless we win the lotto max tonight

Yeah they're spectacular, but not cheap.

Pulled it off, both of us too busy with work to field a bunch of questions via email so decided to place with a broker, they can deal with the inquiries! Just listed it with Thunderbird Marine 3 days ago.

Pulled it off, both of us too busy with work to field a bunch of questions via email so decided to place with a broker, they can deal with the inquiries! Just listed it with Thunderbird Marine 3 days ago.
I can imagine, I get a ton of questions selling a reel! Serious people say I’m coming over.

Be interested in how they price it and how they do for you. Fingers crossed they get you into the right next boat!

Thanks - looks like an offer is already on this one. I have been doing as much research as I can on these 80's trawlers and from what I am reading and from speaking to people I have gotten some pretty good info - starting to feel a bit better on going this route once we find the right boat but one of the things that I keep hearing is best to stay clear of teak decks - if not maintained to a high standard for the life of the boat you can be into a world of hurt. Also, husband wants me to look at 42 foot as well just to make sure I am happy with what size I think will work best for us. He is pretty adamant he doesn't want me saying yes this is it and then 5 years down the road saying.....we should have boat a bit bigger of a boat if we are going to be spending are whole summers on this thing.......also, after speaking to quite a few marinas, slips are in high demand and what we may have no choice in having to take is a 50 foot slip, so if you are paying for a 50 foot slip does it really matter much if you have a 38 foot boat sitting in it or a 42? He may have a point, though I still think a 38 is more than adequate for our needs, I don't want to go any bigger than we need to. Bigger boat....more money, and I really do want to retire at some point here down the road!

I can imagine, I get a ton of questions selling a reel! Serious people say I’m coming over.

Be interested in how they price it and how they do for you. Fingers crossed they get you into the right next boat!
So far initial experience has been great with them - its early days. I do feel that we are late in the season to be selling, I have only sold two boats in the past and both of those were in the spring. Selling late August/September may be a different experience as people are wrapping it up for the season, we'll see but I only plan to keep it listed for a few weeks - as we come to the end of October we winterize and put it to bed until April/May.

So far initial experience has been great with them - its early days. I do feel that we are late in the season to be selling, I have only sold two boats in the past and both of those were in the spring. Selling late August/September may be a different experience as people are wrapping it up for the season, we'll see but I only plan to keep it listed for a few weeks - as we come to the end of October we winterize and put it to bed until April/May.
My buddy is doing the same thing, different price point. Will it be at the boat show location?

Back