Selling our 2460 Pursuit Denali

As Gongshow asked and he is right, regarding giving people on this forum first crack. I know that many of you on this forum are very vocal on your preference for outboards and you have all made your case many times over for why - I am not interested in debating that with people and I will say that I also do not disagree with any of you anyhow on it. But I will say this, ours has been nothing but reliable, never once has it had a hiccup and we have never had to pull out during a season of fishing because of any mechanical issue, it flashes up instantly and this boat takes big water without concern (not that I like being in that but it has blown up on as at times and this boat has safely brought us back to the dock and she goes when you punch it to her, she is built like a tank and we have called Pursuit in Florida and they have all the specs on her - fantastic company, absolutely excellent to deal with for any questions you have on any boat they have ever produced). She is all fiberglass and built like a tank and that is BIG for us. We work hard for our money, and we make sacrifices to have a nice boat, as I am sure all of you do. We have spent money on a boat we love and have taken very good care of, I hope she shows pride of ownership to you all. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we sell it to someone who look after her well and enjoy their time out on her with their family as much as our family has. I know you will all now who are big on the outboards will say at a cost higher than the outboards, and then it keeps going and going. To each his own. I still see a lot of i/o boats at the marinas so we all don't hate them. What I do know is I have a safe and reliable boat that a lot of people tell us is damn nice. We are going to put her on for 65 and see where we go. If anyone here has any interest just PM me!! And I have said it previously but will again, I appreciate everyone's advice, opinions and knowledge on this forum.

As a retired shipwright and owner of more than a few boats I can say that Pursuits are one of the best built boats in the industry without a doubt.Not just the quality of the fiberglass work,but the wiring,stainless fittings and hardware etc. are top notch.A friend has a 2570 and it crushes waves like no other boat I've been on,just a fantastic smooth riding boat.Pursuits have been my dream boat for as long as I can remember.Good luck with your sale,someone will love it.

Yeah guys, I will move this so the thread stops regarding selling the boar and will put it up in the buy/sell forum tomorrow - too busy today with work. I did post it though last night in used vic/nan, craigslist vic/nan and facebook marketplace.

Yeah guys, I will move this so the thread stops regarding selling the boar and will put it up in the buy/sell forum tomorrow - too busy today with work. I did post it though last night in used vic/nan, craigslist vic/nan and facebook marketplace.
There's nothing to apologize for. Bruce made it weird. ;)

If as represented, this thing will be sold this weekend as a smoke escape pod.

Hey all, after seeing Totally Unexpected's post on the Monk Trawler (which is now sold, which I totally screwed up on and missed seeing the post when it wasn't sold!!!! UGH), thought I would just throw out besides anyone knowing of a nice one available we would definitely consider doing a trade with our pursuit for the right trawler plus cash. Wanting a 36 to 38 foot trawler from the 1980s, looking for a nice CHB/Marine Trader/Monk etc. - you get the idea. Thanks.

I had a friend asked me about finding a boat just like that. Still available?

Yes, its available. Here is the link to the ad on Craigslist - was able to put a couple of extra photos on their site than I have put on this thread and used vic/nan.

Hey all, after seeing Totally Unexpected's post on the Monk Trawler (which is now sold, which I totally screwed up on and missed seeing the post when it wasn't sold!!!! UGH), thought I would just throw out besides anyone knowing of a nice one available we would definitely consider doing a trade with our pursuit for the right trawler plus cash. Wanting a 36 to 38 foot trawler from the 1980s, looking for a nice CHB/Marine Trader/Monk etc. - you get the idea. Thanks.
Have you set up wanted ads and alerts on all the sites?

Have you set up wanted ads and alerts on all the sites?
Not yet, I am just keeping my eyes peeled and I have a couple of brokers who are also for us. I prefer that we aren't owners of 2 boats at the same time but we will move on a trawler if its the right one prior to selling the pursuit - but it would have to be "the one". Knowing this is our last boat and the amount of time that we expect to spend on it, I pretty much know exactly what I want in layout and we have to find that in a boat that is in good condition for its age. Who knows how long that will take.

If you want the ultimate dreamy tug style cruising boat, check out American Tug in La Conner, WA. Friends have a 41; Diesel power, max speed 12 kn, best cruise 6-7 kn @ 4.5 gph. Sufficient range to run to Rupert on a tank.

Saw this on Pender Island 2 weeks ago.

Attachments

• 14CDFD7C-8678-4B8B-ACCC-EE9BAF29CE91.jpeg
    14CDFD7C-8678-4B8B-ACCC-EE9BAF29CE91.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 63
Back