Security Camera’s

ziggy

Looking at perhaps installing some Security Camera’s around the house and wonder if anyone has any recommendations. I’m thinking of going for either battery operated wireless or perhaps even plug in, not looking to hardwire. Any info on brands and what to look for appreciated.

I have Ring cameras. They're ok. Video quality is hit and miss. They need good wifi and if you're going solar with battery you need good light and two batteries. The hard wired models are much better. I have the doorbell and three of the spotlights. I had to buy motion lights anyways so it wasn't that much more. You do have to have a subscription though which kind of sucks. If I had thought about it before hand I would have gone for the hard wired one with a DVR for saving the video, also doesn't require internet. You can get kits from costco or best buy for between $300-$1000 which includes the wire, 4 or 5 cameras and the DVR.

Look at WYZE good stuff and great customer service. They are now in Canada.

Ring is good. We use a doorbell cam and planning on adding another camera down the driveway.

I have Ring throughout the house here in Van and watching my boat in storage on the Island. I think they’re great. I’m sure others are good but hard to imagine it could get much better for the cost. Would be nice to have a PTZ tho. Mine are hard wired except one that’s battery that I recharge every couple of months with a USB. Amazon has sales sometimes on older models which are usually still good technology

Always good to know what Cracky the Clown was wearing when he scooped your amazon delivery.

We went with a Telus promo. Single outdoor camera, wifi plug in. Not sure who makes the hardware, but it's pretty good quality 1080p. The downside is the cloud app sucks. Only saves 30s video clips at a time, and the search tools to review video is very limited. It may be that we only have the very basic, cheap option as a promo, but its convinced me I wouldn't go with the Telus security offerings.

These guys don't care about cameras. They know they'll be back out in a couple hours on a promise to appear if they're picked up. Buddy of mine has 20 minutes of video on 3 separate thefts from his place. They even looked up at the camera and recognized it was there. Big f---ing dog gets their attention though.

These guys don't care about cameras. They know they'll be back out in a couple hours on a promise to appear if they're picked up. Buddy of mine has 20 minutes of video on 3 separate thefts from his place. They even looked up at the camera and recognized it was there. Big f---ing dog gets their attention though.
There's no guarantee of anything , my buddies dog was poisoned then 5 months later yup got the motor ...same guys , who knows didnt have a camera

I have Nest outdoor, plug in wifi. Good video, easy to scroll through video, subscription is $5 per month with 5 day history. Happy with them.

I have Arlo system and they have been perfect the last 5 years they back up 7 days worth of video for no charge. Very easy to add another camera or move them I can’t say enough good things about them.

I get a text alert if someone trips whatever sensor I have it set up as motion audio or both so when I’m out of town I can instantly see what’s going on.

I’ve had 3 different brands over the last 5 years. My favourite is the Bnoia (cheap @ $70 on Amazon). It can be hard wired but works fine wireless. The tilt, swivel and zoom features can be operated from my iPhone. I’ve had it for over a year without any issues. I’m sure it’s not Ring or Wyze quality, but seems to do the job. They push signing up for storage, but there is no need.
Stosh

Attachments

• 7B7725B6-7FB6-4801-9BE0-A35B4062BE61.jpeg
    7B7725B6-7FB6-4801-9BE0-A35B4062BE61.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 23
Back