secure truck and trailer parking campbell river

Heading up to kyuquot for five day of fishing next week. on my way back down island I was hoping to drop the boat in at campbell river and spend a few days on cortes island. Does anyone know about the boat launches in campbell? safe to leave a truck parked for 4 days? cheers

Depending on what size of boat you are launching, if you use the ramp behind Superstore on the Rez ($10 but a really nice ramp) their parking lot has lots of trucks parked for a few days at a time. Definitely where you want to go. The other options are Big Rock, which is a tougher ramp for big boats and parking is exposed to the highway folks, and Ken Forde, which is the same situation.

My suggestion? Go to the Rez Ramp. Well worth the $10.

3Per

In truth there are really no secure truck and trailer parking at any of the launch sites. None have gated compounds. The Discovery Marina launch site is the best all tide site with fuel close by, and very protected with a large floating dock to use while launching and retrieving. Theft does happen so don't leave anything out in plain sight, and make sure your trailer will be there when you return by securing it as well. If you are really concernered, you might phone several of the storage companies and arrange for storage while you are away. Would involve a taxi ride.

Of course you could always take the ferries over to Cortes

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a forum member could offer you parking..... Gee that would nice.

Contact Salmon Point they have long term parking that I think your truck and trailer would be safe at. Plus they have a launch, fuel and a fresh water wash down area.

I have left my rig at the Discovery (rez) ramp for the last couple of years.
I have had zero problems, but then like most of my stuff, it's not the biggest and shiniest rig.
Them robber/vandal fish go after them flashy lures.

Gong Show

Thanks guys. Will look into the rez ramp and salmon point. Wont be leaving anything in the truck just checking that there havnt been any ongoing problems. As for taking my truck over to cortes. Dont really feel like spending that fortune on ferry fares when ive got a boat i could be using! Plus half the joy of traveling by boat is knowing that im not on a bcferry. No offence FA!

Never had a problem at the Discovery Harbour launch in the past three years.
But had belongings stolen out of my truck parked in front of my home!
Only costs $10 a day to launch and park.

And there Pacific Playgrounds also haven't heard of any thefts from there in a while that's were all the Savery Island people park.
Terry

Thanks guys. Will look into the rez ramp and salmon point. Wont be leaving anything in the truck just checking that there havnt been any ongoing problems. As for taking my truck over to cortes. Dont really feel like spending that fortune on ferry fares when ive got a boat i could be using! Plus half the joy of traveling by boat is knowing that im not on a bcferry. No offence FA!

It's two ferries to Cortez anyways. Whole day gonzo!
My advice is Discovery Ramp. Pay the $10 and you can park a week, no issue.

GS

Back