Seasport owners

With respect to your cooling system problem...my h-fork in between the transom plate and drive had corroded to the point it cracked a little. it was sucking air where the raw water went through the h-fork. It was a fair sized job, but I was able to replace it.

My 2200 does about 25 Knots at 3100 rpm with a 350 ci (aq260) I have high riser intake and edelbrock carb.

And also that h-fork leak would be sporadic...at slower speeds I think the leak would be covered by water, but at full plane it would suck air.

K. Thanks for the info.
I changed the impeller and pump cover plate and now I'm pumping water again on the muffs.
I'll get the boat in the water today and see what rpm the boat is actually running.
Looks like my drive ratio is 1.78. Looking at the penta chart with an A3 prop I should be WOT 3800-3900.
I have solas props on there but apparently are the equivalent size to volvo A3 props.

I have a used pair of aluminum Volvo A3’s I want to sell.
They were retuned and have not been used since. I’m in North Van

Thanks for the offer on the aluminium props. I've already got a used set of A3's. If I get another set I'll likely go for stainless.

As far as testing this weekend. Was kind of rough out with big tides so not sure how accurate the results were.

Found my volvo tach was reading about 100-125 rpm too high. This meant actually cruising at 3200rpm actually yielded about 19.5 knts. Maybe with actual volvo A3 props it would be higher as opposed to the solas props on there.
I'll likely get a set of C3 stainless in a while and see where I end up.

Back