Seasport 22 inboard to out board

This “loop” is news to me. It’s not on any of the boats I’ve owned so I researched it on the hull truth - apparently it’s for rigging that exits the boat at 90 degrees to the engines (provides slack for turning) however if your rigging exits the stern in line with the engines (as most podded boats do) it is redundant.. where’s shiphappens input on this one? :)

I've got a loop on both the main and the kicker on the outside of the transom. It does improve cable life from turning motion but does that even more for up and down tilting...takes the bending back and forth on the cable away...especially on the kicker which on my boat sits closer to the transom and in the summer when the boat is moored goes fully up and down way more than the main.

This “loop” is news to me. It’s not on any of the boats I’ve owned so I researched it on the hull truth - apparently it’s for rigging that exits the boat at 90 degrees to the engines (provides slack for turning) however if your rigging exits the stern in line with the engines (as most podded boats do) it is redundant.. where’s shiphappens input on this one? :)
I've been hoping someone else would say it. Looks like you nailed it. As far as how to properly measure for a clean installation on a podded boat and where the rigging pokes out, I'm not sure I'm willing to give up those trade secrets over the internet. I had to learn the hard way! Lol

Still making progress, the rigging is slow, engines hooked up, controls installed, working on the dash tomorrow installing a screen for engines and 1 for inside ff. Hoping for a Sunday launch to see how she sits and test run.
Trying to decide if I run the auto pilot to mains and kicker or just kicker. Will only be used for trolling.

I thought I’d only use my auto for trolling but i actually use it more for running now. Travelling distances it’s a game changer, with auto on, I find for some reason it gives me the ability to concentrate and focus on my path and look for wood in the water.

Still making progress, the rigging is slow, engines hooked up, controls installed, working on the dash tomorrow installing a screen for engines and 1 for inside ff. Hoping for a Sunday launch to see how she sits and test run.
Trying to decide if I run the auto pilot to mains and kicker or just kicker. Will only be used for trolling.
I thought I’d only use my auto for trolling but i actually use it more for running now. Travelling distances it’s a game changer, with auto on, I find for some reason it gives me the ability to concentrate and focus on my path and look for wood in the water.
Me too, on the main tied to the kicker also it allows you to run to your spot on the main, start your kicker, put the main on autopilot while getting your gear down and let you kicker warm up before sticking it in gear especially if there is current and wind and you really need to get the rpm’s up on the kicker.

Yes I used it while running offshore a lot as long it was light out

Yes I used it while running offshore a lot as long it was light out
Yes those long trips on clear days can be frustrating to keep tweaking the steering. I'm all for paying attention, but it would be nice to be able to take the hands off the wheel for a few minutes. AP is a big reason why I want new power.

Yes those long trips on clear days can be frustrating to keep tweaking the steering. I'm all for paying attention, but it would be nice to be able to take the hands off the wheel for a few minutes. AP is a big reason why I want new power.
I sure don’t blame you

Gave her a splash today. Rides great, 3900 rpm , 26mph.
Never went wide open
Quick on plane and stayed there down to 14mph.
Now to install auto pilot and kicker and more electronics
Looks perfect sitting in the water. Congrats. Love the name, reminds me of …..

Gave her a splash today. Rides great, 3900 rpm , 26mph.
Never went wide open
Quick on plane and stayed there down to 14mph.
Now to install auto pilot and kicker and more electronics
Ya it looks like it sits perfect. Be nice to see how it rides at speed

Back