Sea Lions in Chemainus

Aquaholic

Crew Member
Have you seen this video yet showing all of the sea lions hanging around Chemainus? It’s interesting how they migrate to one area and turn it into their home. The video starts out a bit of a tourist slap to it but it does get right into the sea lions. Apparently the barking sound at night can be heard from miles.

The reef right off of Kin Park is very close to where they made that artificial reef out of a Boeing 737 years ago.

Have you seen this video yet showing all of the sea lions hanging around Chemainus? It’s interesting how they migrate to one area and turn it into their home. The video starts out a bit of a tourist slap to it but it does get right into the sea lions. Apparently the barking sound at night can be heard from miles.

The reef right off of Kin Park is very close to where they made that artificial reef out of a Boeing 737 years ago.

Those barking SOBs are so loud at times they sound like they’re next door. My house shows up top of the screen uphill from the shopping plaza and the firehall and these warm days have us just drawing the screen across our bedroom door to the deck. 🤬

You also get a good look at the Kins Beach launch I described in a different thread.

Those barking SOBs are so loud at times they sound like they’re next door. My house shows up top of the screen uphill from the shopping plaza and the firehall and these warm days have us just drawing the screen across our bedroom door to the deck. 🤬

You also get a good look at the Kins Beach launch I described in a different thread.
I’m originally from there, you probably know my brother who still lives there.

I’m originally from there, you probably know my brother who still lives there.

My wife and I only moved to Chemainus in 2020 so we don’t know very many people here. I guess I misinterpreted your question about rating the launch at Kins Beach in the thread about protected waters for a family in a small boat as you being unfamiliar with it😁

My wife and I only moved to Chemainus in 2020 so we don’t know very many people here. I guess I misinterpreted your question about rating the launch at Kins Beach in the thread about protected waters for a family in a small boat as you being unfamiliar with it😁
no you gave a great review of it as I do not use it often, living in Vancouver. But many will go to Crofton if they have trouble at Kin Park. And yes, protected waters for sure inside that area.

Back