Scotty's appearance

Labman2

Just wondering, what does one use on the covers and other black plastic parts on their Scotty's?
Mine are showing some sun bleaching, would something like "Mothers" be okay to use?
Regards;
Mark

armor-all would be worth a try I'd think. Works great bringing back vinyls/plastics/rubbers.

But I would apply in a small area and see what effects the salt have on it before you re-finish all your plastics.

Scotty says nothing but soap and water or they will void your warranty I've tried all kinds of things on my old ones and now only use fresh water after every use and soap and water a few times a year nothing seams to work in the salt chuck besides if they look too nice someone will want to steal them

I use WD40........works good. I just lightly wet down a rag with some and give them a good wipe down. Works for me and has kept my downriggers looking good for the last 9 years or so. I wouldn't be using it everyday but a few times a season seems to do the trick.........Cheers!

yup WD40 is the bomb

who cares what the look like as long as they catch fish:D

or......you could try "303 Aerospace Protectant"

Comes in a spray bottle........think I bought mine at CanTire.....

works quite well......it blocks U/V rays that cause fade.....

I use it on my truck plastics a lot too.

Thanks guy's, I'll give them all a little test in a small area on the sides, before I attack the main covers.

Back