Scotty Downrigger Counters

X2 best company going
Try to find a couple of the old units with the green wheel. The newer units with blue wheels fail constantly and you need to keep a couple spares on board if you use those.

Ya my riggers with the blue wheel have recently started slipping. First by the tens, then by the hundreds. Went through and tightened things up last night so will see if that helps or not.

Ya my riggers with the blue wheel have recently started slipping. First by the tens, then by the hundreds. Went through and tightened things up last night so will see if that helps or not.
One of mine with the blue wheel was slipping and it started to slid off of the shaft to a point where it was barely making contact with the post that makes it rotate. The numbers were jumping like crazy. I removed the counter, pulled off the blue wheel and made several punch marks in the shaft with a spring loaded pin punch. Pushed the wheel back on and no more slippage for the last 5 or 6 trips. I carry a couple of spares but so far so good on this one.

I will suggest if you try and drop gear down very fast it does screw up counters , Also I dont really use the brake when letting down . I pull the lever as far as it can go over and use my thumb as the brake . I replace the brake pads every year not monthy, think of it this way apply brakes down mt washington get to bottom they are smooth and smoking hot same applies

Back