Scotty 12 in. Extension Pedestal?

Whole in the Water

Anybody use one of these? Do they work well - strong enough, etc.?

iu

I may need to get one to get my 3rd downrigger up and over my main engine for more separation to reduce tangles with my starboard downrigger.

I've got one for the same exact thing works great with my 60' rear rigger on a swivel mount.

The photo as shown above is not exactly as it is. I just picked up the 6" extension model in the summer and the base of it has a fixed bolt like on the top ( not the knob on the base as shown). I looked at the 12" and it also had a bolt on the base. They don't actually swivel. You need to use on top of a Scotty swivel base/mount if you need to swivel the rigger. The swivel mount adds a few extra inches of height of course so I found I didn't need to get the higher 12" model. Both models were on sale for around $68 at Cabelas this summer ( reg $99 I think)

The 6" model I have works great in conjunction with a swivel mount. Seems a quality and strong addition to my gear.

I have one. i bought a used 12 and cut it down a bit because it was too ridiculous. Also as a third DR mount. works awesome.

Yes, looking at the picture closer mine may not be the 12" riser. Still works great, just make sure you have a good backing plate.

Back