Scam from Apple/iTunes - SUPPOSEDLY..haha

Pippen

Hey Guys,

I know people have been good about mentioning the rash of scam/phishing emails as of late.

I just received one from "Apple" :rolleyes: yesterday to the email account I have registered with iTunes.

Sadly as much as people get warned about these people fall for them. Here are a few tell tales.

• Email was from the following....(Secure-iOS (Customers .care@apple-s.ervices.info) Everything looks wrong with that email address. (and please don't click on it! ;) )
  • All of the disclaimers at the bottom of the email are in French and cite an office address in Luxembourg.....seems fishy to me including the fact there was a hotlink to google maps of the exact location of the office. I did a google street view and it was an apartment building. :rolleyes:
  • Not on my PC in case of Malware.....but on my iPad I clicked on the link just to see. It asked for my iTunes account number and the 3 digit security code on my credit card. :p

Anyhow....as mentioned other have mentioned some suspect Microsoft ones so I thought I would mention this one. ;)

[FONT=Lucida Grande, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Dear Client,

We have recently detected that your Apple account has been used for Fraud activities.
Your account will be suspended temporally until you confirm that you are the owner of the account.

To confirm that you are the original user of this account
[/FONT]

<tbody>
</tbody>
ImageProxy.mvc

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>
ImageProxy.mvc
We hope that you accept our new service of protection against fraud and identity theft.

Thank you.

Apple Security.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Yup, I got it twice. If you click email address, it's from a yahoo account. Apple wouldn't use a yahoo account.

lots of apple devices in the household and we have all gotten it,
itunes store must have been hacked

Back