TD Bank Scam

marula

Just received a TD Bank Scam email asking for verification of account and password info. Obvious tip off is i don't have a td account, don't reply to it as its a scam. The link sends you to a UK server and then directs you to the real TD when you complete.

Dear TD Canada Trust & TD Commercial Banking customer,

TD Group Customer Serice would like to inform you that we are currently carrying out a scheduled upgrade of TD Security software.
In order to guarantee high level of security to our customers, we require you to complete “EasyWeb Form” (for TD Canada Trust customers) or “Web Business Banking Form” (for TD Commercial Banking customers).
Please select and complete your form using the link below:

http://customerform.td.com/service/...336555344713747524074809681&id=57074612449705

Thank you for being a valued customer.

Sincerely,
TD Group Customer Serice

fish.gif

quote:Originally posted by Gypseas

I would'a thought the tip off would'a been the spell check on the last line ;)

cheers

www.gypseascharters.com

gonefishingsign.gif

No, typos can and do get through the most professional organisations. I once missed a typo on a political flyer for a candidate. I proofread it, wife proofed it, candidate proofed it, cadidates agent proofed it, many other people proofed it before it went in for printing. Candidates agent found it AFTER we printed 10,000 flyers.

The real tip off here is that the "bank" asked you to complete an easy webform. Banks do not do this. Period.

If you get things like this in the future, call the bank directly at a number you get out of the phonebook. Never click on a link in an email or on a website, or even call a phone number they email you. Check the phonebook and call the real bank, not some Nigerian scam artist in London.

I actually had one phone me from Scotland one day to inform me that he was sending me an email to book a fishing charter and a bunch of rooms. Total BS.

One trick is to Google the phone number they give you. Often they are on spam lists and you can get a lot of info about them that way.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

contact your td bank right away they may ask you to forward this to them. i had the same thing with RBC and they asked me to forward it to them and from what I hear they got the person

Awww- you guys are paranoid. For a small deposit from my savings account to a bank in Nigeria, I am now waiting for a cool $1/2mil!!

And I just had to send them my banking numbers so they would know where to sent it.. Seems fair to me! :D

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Back