Paypal scam

jeffywestcoast

Just a heads up!, there are some scamers out there trying to buy stuff and pay you with paypal, I use paypal lots to buy stuff online but I was just sent a msg from someone trying to buy my merc 9.9 with paypal, so I looked into it, turns out it is a scam , buyer said he could not come to pick up motor in person but would have his shipping company pick it up, then they ask you for you paypal email address... of course red n blue lights went off in my head and I told him cash or E-transfer and that was the end of it.. don't get scammed people..

I had the same thing pulled when I advertised my boat on Craigslist a couple of years ago. My rule is to stay away from Paypal unless I know the buyer.

The problem is you don't actually get the money. The scam is that they used a hacked paypal account or they use a fraudulent credit card to back their paypal account and when Paypal goes to clear, there's no money so they take it back from you.

The problem is you don't actually get the money. The scam is that they used a hacked paypal account or they use a fraudulent credit card to back their paypal account and when Paypal goes to clear, there's no money so they take it back from you.

Thanks for that, I was about to post asking how it could be a scam with paypal - they're usually pretty reliable.

Back