PayPal email scam.

AlK

Just a heads up, if you receive an email claiming it is from PayPal.

I received the following email. It looks official but it is a scam - don't fall for it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Review your PayPal account limited statement
Dear PayPal User,
We understand it may be frustrating not to have full access to your PayPal account. We want to work with you to get your account back to normal as quickly as possible.

Our system detected unusual charges to a credit card linked to your PayPal account.

As part of our security measures, we regularly check the PayPal screen activity. We request information from you for the following reason:
1. Click on the link below to open a secure browser window.
2. Confirm that you are the owner of the account, then open your account and follow the instructions.
Please Click Here to confirm your Account Information's Confirm account

Case ID Number PP-001-280-554-222

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter

Please do not reply to this email. We are unable to respond to inquiries sent to this address. For immediate answers to your questions, visit our Help Center by clicking "Help" at the top of any PayPal page.

Yours sincerely,
PayPal
This email was sent to @yahoo.ca by c.servicepp@yahoo.com |
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.

Copyright © 2013 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved | PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St | San Jose | CA | 95131

on.jsp

paypal will never provide a clickable link within its emails.
a good first indicator of a scam

Thanks for the heads up,AlK! I use Paypal frequently and may have fallen for something like that.It just amazes me
how much of this is going on online these days. There must be quite a few "suckers" out there,or it wouldn't be the
growing problem that it is.

Whenever I get that type of email, I close it, and then manually go to the site and see if there are any issues. (actually most of the time I dont even bother checking as the fraud becomes obvious.

Another thing to highlight the scam is to mouse over the link, and look down at the bottom where it says where the link is sending you. It will be some BS URL like www.payp.al.customer.ly

And......don't forget to look at the email address that it is sent from. I was sent the one above as well and it is pretty apparent when it is sent from a @yahoo email address that it is NOT PayPal as I "HIGHLY" :rolleyes: doubt they use yahoo mail as their corporate email suffix. ;)

Whenever I get that type of email, I close it, and then manually go to the site and see if there are any issues. (actually most of the time I dont even bother checking as the fraud becomes obvious.

Another thing to highlight the scam is to mouse over the link, and look down at the bottom where it says where the link is sending you. It will be some BS URL like www.payp.al.customer.ly

That is exactly what I do when I receive this type of email.

Back