Scale Saver Net Bag

baddogg

Crew Member
I am looking to replace my Scotty net bag with a scale saver mesh. I'm not able to find anything online that is suitable. If I have to replace the entire net then I will do that as well. Can't find the complete net either. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
Thanks

I am looking to replace my Scotty net bag with a scale saver mesh. I'm not able to find anything online that is suitable. If I have to replace the entire net then I will do that as well. Can't find the complete net either. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
Thanks
The Gibbs delta bag fits a Scotty hoop. Check out Harbour Chandler.

Thanks

The old style Gibbs release bag fits the scotty net prefectly.. there is a bit of a problem with hooks get caught up in the bag.. that being said there is a better net with a pretty good rubber release bag that is standing up well. To get just the bag it costly at this time and u would probable better off the sell your scotty and buy this net.. pm if u want more details

The old style Gibbs release bag fits the scotty net prefectly.. there is a bit of a problem with hooks get caught up in the bag.. that being said there is a better net with a pretty good rubber release bag that is standing up well. To get just the bag it costly at this time and u would probable better off the sell your scotty and buy this net.. pm if u want more details

Will do. Thanks to all.

So.. nets-first question is how much do u or are you going to use your net?

-what are you fishing for and using it for ?- there are many that net hali with there nets or from time to time do.

- the best net in the market currently is a scotty... (CND builld) it's weak link is the Bags on the net.. there new style release bag is a nightmare with hooks in the net... If one changes out the bag on a scotty with the old style knot bag or old style release bag from Gibbs /Delta... best net in the market and will last a lifetime.. Have only replace my knot bag net only once with 11 years usuage..the one issue with the old style relase bag from Gibbs/Delta is the amount of drag in the water and the Hks do get caught up in the net

-Gibbs/Delta - the nets havent been the same since the production moved to off shore but do offer a good mid range nets & pricing with the regular bags and now the rubber webbing.. The Rubber webbing at this point really has stood up to lots of useage but if you use doesnt have a heavy work load will do the job. When I'm doing Avid angler DNA I have and use a Gibbs/Delta short handled shallow bag rubber nets as it is the best one i found that makes handle the fish so much easier and a really quick turn around for the fish...a quick measurement & DNA sample and back she goes...

Beckmen Nets- once a USA manufactored net I believe that was bought out 3 years ago and moved to a off shore production.. They have a what i would consider a better rubber coated net options if one wants to go this route ... so far there standard webbed nets are standing up fairly well.. Seems to be a better success with there rubber coated nets then other but there has been problems also.. not sure if the change came from the off shore production or not.. The most expensive net of all ...

So agian : how much do u fish? & used on what fish? .. or do u really need to put that fish in the net to let it go?

Last edited:
Thanks Derby. Tried to call you yesterday and it went to voicemail. I have been using a Scotty net for years. Primarily salmon. Some seasons lots of use, others not so much. With the slot sizes and limited catch regulations I want to be able to release a fish as little harm as possible. Your info is helpful. I will replace the Scotty bag with one of the bags you suggest. Cheers

Back