Saturday

I was out for a few hours this morning, not much going on...
west wind made it pretty lumpy, not easy to run the gear properly.

Hey

Made it out in renfrew weather was great out on the big blue. 5km wind max all day. Fishing was so so My buddy caught a 12 lb yellow eye at the reef but no halibut until we went jigging for cod.

Other buddy caught his first fish over 3 lbs (fresh water bass) it was a 62 lb hali, last fish of the day. what a way to top off the day. I don't think he has touched ground since:D

ringostar

I have not done it here before
how do I attach one?? for this program

And BTW who ordered the wind.
Man what a pain in the....

Should've stayed at the slip today. Tried going out at Pedder but I might've as well joined all the sail boats out there. They seemed to have a blast.

beerchug.gif

Vic

Late afternoon off of oak bay with winds at 35 knots man you are good??????

we were off constance all day yesterday in reel addictions bertram, that boat seems to flatten the water.......gotta get me a bertam:D

quote:Originally posted by wolf

Wolf

West Marine in Sidney has a very good training video "Advance Heavy Weather" The video demonstrates how to drive different types of small boats in heavy weather and rough seas. Usually the boat can handle more than people in it as long as the power is good.
The most scary is pulling the anchor in weather like this. I had to leave my anchor by Race Rocks once this year, it was still there the next morning and I did get the fish !!!:D

i fell in love with it seeing how that thing handles the water...we were out from 7-4 yesterday....i wouldn't have even thought of taking my boat out

62.jpg

Here is my friend's first fish over 3lb's caught off carmanah pt renfrew unfortunately I get to be in the pic. cause he had to work[}:)]:D

quote:Originally posted by Nemo

quote:Originally posted by wolf

Wolf

West Marine in Sidney has a very good training video "Advance Heavy Weather" The video demonstrates how to drive different types of small boats in heavy weather and rough seas. Usually the boat can handle more than people in it as long as the power is good.
The most scary is pulling the anchor in weather like this. I had to leave my anchor by Race Rocks once this year, it was still there the next morning and I did get the fish !!!:D

Most peoples boats can take more then they can, but myself, and most guides who are TC Certified are not supposed to be out in winds greater the 20KTS, and wind waves more then 4 feet. You can trim down and nose into about anything, but a following sea on plane can be VERY scary.

Back