ISO Salmon Fishing Rods

Btobacca

I’m just getting into salmon fishing and not looking to break the bank. Just wondering if anyone has any rods or reel/rod combos that they are willing to unload for a reasonable price? I’m not sure what a good brand or size is so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you from a new guy to salt water fishing!

I’m just getting into salmon fishing and not looking to break the bank. Just wondering if anyone has any rods or reel/rod combos that they are willing to unload for a reasonable price? I’m not sure what a good brand or size is so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you from a new guy to salt water fishing!
Choosing fishing rods are like choosing between Coke and Pepsi. Everyone has their favorite-- me included. But as a new saltwater angler, my advice is not to fall for the "If its more expensive, it will get you more fish. " Facebook buy and sell is a good place to start. For trolling a 9ft to 10 1/2 foot medium action rod is versatile. The shorter rods are better if you have a small boat. New ??? Check out UglyStick rods. Almost bullet proof. Used ?? Trophy rods . Avoid the old metal ferrule rods. They can stick or break. Look at used glass rods too. They take a beating better than other materials. As far as reels -- you don't "need" an Islander. Starter reels that you will fine easier on the wallet are Daiwa M-1, Avet, Shimano GT 2000 and 4000 and the old BC girl, a Peetz is almost indestructible. Don't buy cheap line. , it will come back to bite you. That's my advice. I know other have differing opinions. Have a look at them and then do as I suggest !!! LOL

Back