SALMON TEEZER -a game changer!!

Fishing 3 days at Winter Harbour inside and out-will throw away the flashers and sink or swim with the teezer. I will have a definitive answer and then I'll shut-up-maybe!!!!LOL

Fishing 3 days at Winter Harbour inside and out-will throw away the flashers and sink or swim with the teezer. I will have a definitive answer and then I'll shut-up-maybe!!!!LOL

lol I like your style. BTW I wasn't trying to give you a hard time, anything that gives an option to get rid of the flasher I'm all for. The "predator chain" is a proven technique in other fisheries as well, keep up the research.

lol I like your style. BTW I wasn't trying to give you a hard time, anything that gives an option to get rid of the flasher I'm all for. The "predator chain" is a proven technique in other fisheries as well, keep up the research.
No I understand-scepticism is a healthy thing -especially when it comes to fishing-else we would all have twice as much tackle (as we need?) as we have. It is either a valid technique or it isn't-or maybe only at specific times. Nothing works all the time for everyone or there would be no fish left. Tight Lines.!!

No I understand-scepticism is a healthy thing -especially when it comes to fishing-else we would all have twice as much tackle (as we need?) as we have. It is either a valid technique or it isn't-or maybe only at specific times. Nothing works all the time for everyone or there would be no fish left. Tight Lines.!!

I already have at least twice as much tackle as I need and am working on obtaining more. I am however a tackle slut or as some have said a tackle hoarder. LOL.

h.e.h.

Well your thread certainly hooked me. I went online and ordered some gear from Pirates Den and can't wait to try on my trip to Ukee next week. Also picked up the flashing LED prawn hootchie designed for halibut. Given the depths that I'm often fishing hali at, thought that an LED would work great. Have you or anyone else tried the flashing LED for halibut?

Well your thread certainly hooked me. I went online and ordered some gear from Pirates Den and can't wait to try on my trip to Ukee next week. Also picked up the flashing LED prawn hootchie designed for halibut. Given the depths that I'm often fishing hali at, thought that an LED would work great. Have you or anyone else tried the flashing LED for halibut?
I'm not a big time hali fisherman but if I get forced to do it-'LOL I use the Pirates den big green squid and double flash green LED-spreader bar and salmon Belly-works for me-gets it over quick so I can go chase salmon-no disrespect, Hali Guys and Gals!!!

I would like to duplicate this idea here on lake coeurdalene and in Nootka in August. Is there a retailer you can recommend or can I order from your web site?

Thank you
Jack Cunningham
Coeurdalene Idaho

I would like to duplicate this idea here on lake coeurdalene and in Nootka in August. Is there a retailer you can recommend or can I order from your web site?

Thank you
Jack Cunningham
Coeurdalene Idaho

www.piratesdenfishing.com is the website. Since there are no retailers near you, we will sell direct. Just click on the online store. If you have any questions, please let me know. Thank you.

I used the big cuddle fish with den double flash with the hootch behide. It was one metre long. I put 6 feet long on the release clip and down to 52 feet .. It was no action and nothing happened. What did I do wrong?

Thank you
Jack Cunningham
Coeurdalene Idaho

Hey Baby Huey, when in August are you going to Nootka? I live in Spokane and am heading up to Nootka/Esperanza on August 6th for a week (I stay in Tahsis).

An update on the Teezer from Winter harbour trip! Off shore we seemed to be hooking up at least as many big springs as we were with the flasher combo and lure or bait, but our landing percentage was not as good-in short we booted a few that we shouldn't have. The problem is that if you are fishing at 200 ft with a teezer-when the Spring hits the release -he has little resistance and in most cases-rockets straight up-sometimes with a couple of jumps-almost impossible to get on him-the belly of the line is still deep but he is head shaking on the surface-throwing the hook-even worse if the driver hauls off the throttle. We learned after a few to hit the throttle-to help get that belly out of the line for the guy on the rod. When he has the feel of the fish you can throttle back. Poppa Swiss asked about inside-best I could do was cliff point-hit a mid-20's spring on a teezer and chovie at 37 ft in 45 ft of water-no problem as above-played him for 15 min. to the net and into the net-The Nasty Netter-is the crewmans new handle and his rum Ration is cut!!! ARRRGH-fortunately the coho action was hot and great fun with no flasher. Fishing for lings and hali's using a tomic 7 inch plug plus a teezer was a real eye-opener-great fun and very productive. Remember the Teezer is not a lure it is only an attractor-you have to supply the bait or the lure that is appropriate for the time, place and depth and of course species. Tight Lines.

I used the big cuddle fish with den double flash with the hootch behide. It was one metre long. I put 6 feet long on the release clip and down to 52 feet .. It was no action and nothing happened. What did I do wrong?
Your inbox is full-the teezer has no action it is only ment as an attractor you need a spoon or an anchovy in a holder for the action. Hootchy's won't work behind a teezer-no action!!

Your inbox is full-the teezer has no action it is only ment as an attractor you need a spoon or an anchovy in a holder for the action. Hootchy's won't work behind a teezer-no action!!

My inbox are clean up, Now you can pm'd

Thanks
Discus.

Last time I fished with a hootchy and a coho killer spoon.

I will try with an anchovy and a spoon for my next fishing trip.

Discus

Discus
your setups look good except for the ones that are hootchys. Looks like you have a coho killer and an anchovy in a holder-both of those do not require a flasher to have some action. A hootchy has no action by itself and requires a flasher or a dodger to give it action. Since a teezer has no action of its own your bait or spoon must provide it. Hope this helps.

Thanks for taking advantage of our discount code but I guess it goes against forum rules. PM me if you would like details.
www.lighthouselures.com for all your L.E.D. fishing lure needs.

Thank you
Jack Cunningham
Coeurdalene Idaho

Thank you for the response, however my reply was for the Pirates den. I do apologize for the confusion,but I have not seen your product line, contacted you, nor placed an order too qualify for the discount. If you should believe otherwise please let me know.

Jack

What is this discount code you speak of?! Hook it up!!

Anyways, I haven't been contributing to the thread for a bit...

Well, this set up worked great for me on coho up off Hesquiet a few weeks back. I didn't hook up any chinook on it, but neither did the flasher. Had about 20 coho on this set up and that sure adds to the fun of those little guys(we had one really nice one that must have been 12 pounds, we had the net out and everything assuming it was a spring) having no flasher in the way. Coho killer worked great behind it. The chovie produced too, but changed that up quick up to conserve bait. The coho weren't picky. We tried a straight chovie with nothing off the clip and that produced too.

I am a tad skeptical about how it would work for the skittish hogs traveling through, but can't wait to try in the deep for winter spring fishing next year. That's not to say I won't give it a go for a big guy this summer.

Back