SALMON TEEZER -a game changer!!

I will soon be offering Double flash Red, Green, UV and Blue. I also carry single flash White and Green. I'm not sure why you (Pirates Den) are constantly trying to undermine me...Lighthouse Lures. I get my led products from the same guy that you get yours. I am also getting many positive reviews of the items I am selling and always looking for new ideas. There is plenty of room in this world for competition. I have many new products that I am testing as well. I wish you all the best. Let's all try and get along!

Sincerely,

Lighthouse Lures

I am not going to get into some internet discussion about this with you, Peter, however, our lights are NOT the same and they do not come from the same place..

I am not going to get into some internet discussion about this with you, Peter, however, our lights are NOT the same and they do not come from the same place..

7 Colour Flash 1.jpg

This is a 7 colour flash. All the other colours will be of the highest quality as well. Once again all the best to you.

Lighthouse Lures

I find this interesting, Peter. When did you switch suppliers? Your previous supplier had junk stuff.

The other supplier I used had decent quality led lights however the ones I am offering now are of the highest quality. I'll send you a free sticker if you PM me your address.

All the best,

Lighthouse Lures

The other supplier I used had decent quality led lights however the ones I am offering now are of the highest quality. I'll send you a free sticker if you PM me your address.

All the best,

Lighthouse Lures

I'm glad you have the better light units, Peter. I warrantied alot of the other ones for you. Got to keep consumers happy.

This has just convinced not to buy from Nanaimo.... BTW I know just a little bit about designing with LED's...... These LED's you both use aren't that high end...I will stick with Lighthouse...Maybe we should talk Peter.... You need some design help? I will PM you...

BTW this was my fault to derail the thread.....This is about the lure setup on first post...

Your edit is spot on. Peter and I should have discussed this elsewhere. My apologies to everyone and to Spring Fever.

This thread is about his concept and willingness to share this configuration with everyone so that we can all reap the rewards of his idea.

Let's get back on track with it and if the mods see fit to so, simply delete our off topic conversation.

Sweet stuff there SF, gotta love it when a guy works something out and passes it on...kudos to you...

Guy

Spring Fever, this is a great ideal, one I have also seen something like here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HN-2tSeobeY

I noted this guy has a different tactic from your successful approach in that his LED goes in the hootchie with hook, and his LED is a single flash. So.... did you try hanging a hook off the back of one of these in a hootchie behind a flasher instead of teaser in front of bait/spoon? Consider putting into a plug with a hook? I cant wait to experiment when things open up in Puget Sound for catch and release July 1. Good fishing. DAJ
Daj-check last year through the search function and I have several posts on using and rigging LED hootchy's. If you like glow gotta like LED's. I have a choice-I'm just a fisherman like you and I notice I seldom fish regular hootchy's anymore with the exception of needlefish-if those guys could figure it out I'd light those too!!!LOL. Everything has a time and place and they are an excellent tool to have-but in fishing as in all things we should never become one dimensional. There are some days when you have to go to other tools if you want to be consistently successful and if it's not lit-then that's what I use. When I test fish I always use anchovy as the standard to test against. That tells you something.!!

Had the pleasure to fish with one of Spring Fever's setups a couple of weeks ago.
What can I say... it worked.... At first when I was asked if I would try it, I rolled my eyes.
I then saw the cuttle fish / led and immediately recognized it as his work and was happy to run it.
My first chance to go head to head with my setups and his, on my boat.
I can't say that it out fished my setup but it was no slouch in the catch department.
It was easier to release undersize due to the single hook vers the tandem that I run.
Would I run them again? you bet...
GLG

Well, I have one rigged up and ready to try this evening in Vic. It is the green double glow with a white glow hoochy pulled over. I also put an Oki crazy 8 head on it too add a bit of action. I have both anchovie and spoons on short leaders to try.

Spring Fever, thanks for posting this and hope it does the trick tonight!

Be sure to report back !! Its always exciting when an idea goes from thought to success. Tight lines and clam waters !!

Well, I have one rigged up and ready to try this evening in Vic. It is the green double glow with a white glow hoochy pulled over. I also put an Oki crazy 8 head on it too add a bit of action. I have both anchovie and spoons on short leaders to try.

Spring Fever, thanks for posting this and hope it does the trick tonight!
Little puzzled here Andrew-you put the double flash green in the white glow hootchy- a swivel right after that and behind the hootchy about 37 inches or so you are running the anchovy or a spoon? What do you think the Oki crazy 8 head will do? or am I misinterpreting your set-up. I am a little nervous about that if this is the way you're rigged because you only have 37 inches give or take to set-up your anchovy roll-and we don't want that upset. Check it beside the boat and make sure the chovie rolls and behaves the way you usually like it. If so-go for it-I am just starting out with this and any info helps. Good Luck.

Spring Fever,
you mentioned you GOOD double flash LED. I bought the lights from Frank and his have a flash in the front and back at the same time. Do yours do that, or have two consecutive flashes?
DAJ

Little puzzled here Andrew-you put the double flash green in the white glow hootchy- a swivel right after that and behind the hootchy about 37 inches or so you are running the anchovy or a spoon? What do you think the Oki crazy 8 head will do? or am I misinterpreting your set-up. I am a little nervous about that if this is the way you're rigged because you only have 37 inches give or take to set-up your anchovy roll-and we don't want that upset. Check it beside the boat and make sure the chovie rolls and behaves the way you usually like it. If so-go for it-I am just starting out with this and any info helps. Good Luck.

Here are some pics to better explain....My thought was that the crazy 8 head would give the hoochie/LED combo some action. I don't have any cuttlefish hoochies, which I guess would do the same thing. Thoughts? Are you thinking that the chovie will have enough action on its own and get rid of the crazy 8? How far back off the clip would you set this? I am thinking 20-30'...

Thanks and very curious to give this a shot.

I reckon that this may be a good option in front of a plug....but maybe it would kill the action of the plug. ?? Thoughts on that?

led hooch.jpgled.jpg

Here are some pics to better explain....My thought was that the crazy 8 head would give the hoochie/LED combo some action. I don't have any cuttlefish hoochies, which I guess would do the same thing. Thoughts? Are you thinking that the chovie will have enough action on its own and get rid of the crazy 8? How far back off the clip would you set this? I am thinking 20-30'...

Thanks and very curious to give this a shot.

I reckon that this may be a good option in front of a plug....but maybe it would kill the action of the plug. ?? Thoughts on that?

View attachment 7740View attachment 7741
That looks ok-I hadn't thought of running the crazy 8 in front-your set-up looks fine-now measure from the front of the light back to the chovy hook and that should be no more than 1 meter to comply with the law. I would prefer to go back say the usual 6ft just to be sure of keeping that natural anchovy roll-still there is usually a big old flasher in front to disturb things anyway. Don't go too short on the chovy leader make sure it's to the legal max. Good luck-Let us know how you made out. Sorry forgot-whatever you usually run an anchovy behind your clip. Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew....personally I don't think the Crazy8 is going to help you much in that particular application.....

You need to be going like hell with a long leader for the Crazy8 to give the hoochy any action....

Back