Salmon Stamp fee revenue to increase to 100% for B.C.

I always laugh my saltwater license is less then $30 with all the tags possible but a fresh water with steelhead tag is almost $50 and you can spend a lot more to fish some restricted waters.

Then I fish 3-5 days in the fresh and keep nothing vs. 20-30 days on the salt keeping a years supply of fish, prawns and crabs including enough to put on some big seafood feasts during the summer.

Yes its a bargain -- but it will have to change to pay for more things such as increased monitoring. That doesn't bother me one bit when you consider the price of a day on the slopes or a round of golf on a decent course

I'd like to know why we have to buy fishing licenses and salmon stamps at all?? After all, as Canadians, why should we have to pay to go out and catch something that is rightfully ours to begin with?

This is good news.Now what we need is a Halibut conservation stamp,the proceeds going to a PHF (Pacific Halibut Foundation)which could buy out slipper skippers and secure the health of sportfishing and guiding interests.

I'd like to know why we have to buy fishing licenses and salmon stamps at all?? After all, as Canadians, why should we have to pay to go out and catch something that is rightfully ours to begin with?

The FFSBC needs the money to stock lakes so people have something to fish for.

Back