Salmon Hooks

Bambam

Hello!

I am putting together an order of hooks for this upcoming guide season! Looking for hook advice on cut plug hooks for mooching.

Right now I am a die hard 5/0 Owner Cutting Point guy guy stock has been issue.

let me know what you guys think!

Hello!

I am putting together an order of hooks for this upcoming guide season! Looking for hook advice on cut plug hooks for mooching.

stay owner if you can or go gammy's imo 2 of the best hooks on the market atleast for me.

Hello!

VMC

Cutting point are great hooks, but with a 500$ fine for using barbed hooks (crimping does not always equate to legal), I would use a hook like the Owner "barbless no escape" or Gamakatsu big river barbless.

I only use Gammy hooks but not all Gammy hooks are created equal. I use a 1/0 triple with a 3/0 trailer.

The 1/0 triple gammy hooks which are made in Japan and package in Thailand (see photo). They stay sharp and are easy to sharpen. I do not purchase 3X strong hooks because they do not keep their point and harder to sharpen. I use the standard gammy triple hooks which do bend, but if your are pulling on a fish that hard you are not playing the fish and letting it run.

The 3/0 single gammy hooks are made and packaged in Thailand (see photo) . They bend and I find they do not stay sharp as long as the 1/0 triple hooks made in Japan.

Most hooks work as long as you keep them sharp enough to have it stick in your finger nail with little pressure. If the hook point slides off you finger nail it is not sharp enough for me. I also only use new leaders and re sharpen or new hooks ever trip.

Good hooks are cheap in the game of going fishing.

Attachments

• Gammy salmon hooks.jpg
    Gammy salmon hooks.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 83
  • gammy single hooks.jpg
    gammy single hooks.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 82
  • gammy triple  hooks.jpg
    gammy triple hooks.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 88
Back