Salmon Fishing Seminar Update

Just a few tickets left at Outfitters and Westshore Sportfishing. I think Eagle Eye are now sold out.

This afternoon I gathered up the 7 remaining tickets from the ticket outlets and will be holding them at the door tomorrow for anyone who shows up and wants to join us. The centre and hatchery will be open at 11am for viewing. I will have balloons tied to the Charters River bridge to mark the driveway to the centre for those who haven't been there before. There is a sign there as well.

I also have a ticket available as my buddy can't make it cause he forgot it was his wife's birthday. Ooops! Lol

The seminar is over at 4pm....and he could still get in a nice dinner reservation for 6:30...sounds reasonable to me lol

LOL. he wishes. They went away for the whole weekend, I think he got fish on the brain LOL. Nonetheless, I can bring the ticket to the door if someone
needs one to get in. Just let me know by pm or e-mail

Great seminar Rolly and thanks again to you, Chris Bos, all the presenters and those that attended.
Very informative.

Looking forward to the Halibut seminar (please make sure I get a crack at a couple of tickets :)

Yep, I agree. It was good and I learned quite few things. I too would attend the halibut session when it goes (never caught one so this beginner have some knowledge to pick up on that side!!)
Good to meet you in person too, Rollie.

Thanks guys and to everyone else who helped make the afternoon a big success. That includes all the sponsors, speakers and those who bought tickets. I I think I learned a thing or two as well. The finally tally of the proceeds for the centre from the door gate and the raffle is $3,470.00!!!! That was broken down to $2,325.00 from the door, $945 for the Ace Trap Puller raffle and a $200.00 donation from Brian at O'kie Tackle. Again a big ole thank you to everyone. As soon as I have a reservation for the ball room at the Four Points Sheraton for the Feb halibut seminar I will let you all know. Rollie

Thanks for the seminar Rollie. Congrats on the money raised.

Picked up some good info today. I really liked Chris Bos' talk on SFAB, the issues that face sporties, and how to get involved. Also really soaked up lots from Tom Davis. What a wealth of knowledge that fella has. When Mr. Russell was speaking, I was a little lost, but then again, I have never really learned much about boat currents.

Gonna attend the SFAB meeting so maybe I'll see some of you there.

Cheers.

Great to hear that it ran off as a demonstrous success! I am excited at the opportunity to support the halibut seminar. Touch base Profisher...I'd like to continue my support.

DHA.

This is a cool thing to see up here. Glad to here it was a success from some of the folks that attended. Glad to see the industry (sportsfishing) sponsoring the event and the money raised going to a good cause. Things are looking a bit brighter here in this Beautiful Province of ours due to folks like profisher. Congrats to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Message sent earlier Rob.

Message sent earlier Rob.

Back at ya...I am proud to have met you - your effort towards sustainable fisheries can not go unnoticed! Let me know how and when I can help in the future with regard to the hali seminar! Again, good on you for doing what you did. It means a lot to the future of our fishery and potential opportunities.

Robert.

Ooops! Forgot to say that I am developing a new site that is devoted to salmon fundraisers through out British Columbia. There are two sites, one is dedicated to the Nanaimo River Fish Hatchery, and the other will be dedicated to every single entity trying to create substantial change in our salmon fisheries. The Nanaimo River fundraiser site will be www.salmonfundraiser.ca and the general directory for all salmon related fundraisers will be www.salmonfundraiser.com

We will be creating a nonprofit organization in the future which will be found at www.salmonfundraiser.org

I will have the first two sites up in January 2012. The nonprofit will happen once there is enough people to create a board. Profisher, I want you on that board.

DHA.

Last edited by a moderator:
it was good to see the turnout, and thanks to the organizers and presenters, will be happy to attend the halibut seminar.

good to see so many fish in the creek also, it goes to show that with some effort the salmon have a chance

Salmon seminar was great. Looking forward to the next two seminars

I was approached after the seminar or during the break and asked about the possibility of adding a fresh water seminar to the program at some time. With the possibility of some orientation towards kids. I thought this was a great idea. After some thought it might be something to work on a fresh water seminar for the family. A seminar where mom or dad brings the kids and we have a mix of speaking and demonstrations/activities. What do you guys think?

Profisher. Thanks for the Sat show. Was good! Wished you would have let a few more of your personal secrets slip but since there was no booze....out of luck... lol
Please put me on the list for the halibut seminar next year. I forgot to sign up there.

Also, kudos for this great little facility you built there! That is definitely a big win for a great purpose! I will surely drag out the school classes of my two kids there.

And the idea of a kids freshwater seminar has my full support and applause!

Back