Salmon fishing in tidal region of Fraser?

Captain Dudds

Hey guys, given the wind expected tomorrow and the fact that I'm moored a little ways up the south arm, I'm thinking of trying in the Fraser. Is there any half decent fishing anywhere in the salt section? I don't have sturgeon gear so my only option is salmon really.

Thanks,

Geoff

I think that you could anchor and do some plunking. On the Columbia like buoy 10 trolling for salmon is the norm in the big river but the water clarity there is better. There are some people trolling on the fraser the guys at pacific angler said they were experimenting but I have not heard of any results. Good luck

I've back trolled the mouth, just in from the hooter for sockeye previous years with great results.
I keep the ball 1ft off the bottom, huging the red markers in 35ft of water and over to the shallows to the south.
On sat. I tried for springs doing the same thing with no success. If this wind keeps up, I might be trying it more.

thanks for the tips. I ended up running via the north arm to the cap and managed one teener spring. I'll post if I end up trying in the river. That wind is just not fun to fish in.

Back