Salmon farm eviction notice delivered by First Nation Leaders!

The debate will never end....But the message is clear...
The First Nations at this particular location want the fish farms gone!
As do many in the General Public!
Would you not agree?
I don't necessarily agree. People that disapprove are more likely to take to social media to show their opposition than those of the opposite or neutral view, in my opinion. Morton is very successful in inciting fear in these First Nations. Too bad she wasn't conducting actual research during this boat ride to actually inform those that support her.

Last edited:
the fish farmers and their corporations would probably like you to believe that. in my mind it's a myth. the majority of first nations are against fish farms.
There are some First Nations partnerships with some BC fish farm companies.

During this epic voyage, Morton and the Sea Shepherd Society boat she was on were told by some First Nations they were not welcome in their traditional territories to visits farms they are involved in.

You sure spend a lot of time thrashing Morton in your last three posts. Is she perhaps putting the spotlight on your dirty laundry? Why don't your fish farms agree to allow random sampling by the group so you could verify what you claim. Thanks for the update on the drones it will be a nice tool to keep a better eye on your operations.

..Thanks for the update on the drones it will be a nice tool to keep a better eye on your operations.
UNDERWATER drones would be more informative - along with testing wild stocks for diseases nearby fish farms...

You sure spend a lot of time thrashing Morton in your last three posts. Is she perhaps putting the spotlight on your dirty laundry? Why don't your fish farms agree to allow random sampling by the group so you could verify what you claim. Thanks for the update on the drones it will be a nice tool to keep a better eye on your operations.

How is it considered "thrashing" when she is factually incorrect about those fish in the tote or when she isn't a fisheries biologist (well not salmon anyway)? How is it "thrashing" if this "research" (i.e. Picture, video and social media) being conducted from this cruise is hardly considered anything close to real science? Would you agree that the Salmon Fish Health Initiative is in stark contrast to what is going on from the Sea Shepherd Society vessel? If Morton is going to post it then it becomes open for criticism - not unlike what she does on a regular basis in regards to government scientists and industry on her blog and Facebook page. Do you believe she was correct in her identification of those "wild salmon" in that tote? Sorry, I'm not one to follow the crowd especially when I know better about what she was describing.

My fish farms? My operations? Lol. Sorry wrong guy. You could ask them directly. I'm sure there was a contact link somewhere in that previous post. As for the use of drones....Well how do you think fish would react to birds flying overhead, like in a hatchery? If fish are already stressed from from other factors it certainly doesn't help matters. I have dirty laundry I have to admit......When kids go swimming and eat Popsicles they get dirty. You caught me. Lol

I have stayed clear of this subject.....
BUT.... can't help but notice your bias Shuswap when I read your posts which appear to be exclusively supporting Fish Farms.
Exactly what is your background and how is it you are so knowledgeable on Fish Farms and Alexandra Morton?

BUT.... can't help but notice your bias Shuswap when I read your posts which appear to be exclusively supporting Fish Farms.
Exactly what is your background and how is it you are so knowledgeable on Fish Farms and Alexandra Morton?

It shouldn't be too hard to learn Shuswap's background if you read his posts, lol! Suffice to say he knows his stuff.

Anyone hear if the fish farms are being pulled yet? Or are the farm owners going to go thru the court system?
Courts system is my guess. The FN's don't have much legal authority in the technical sense as the foreign owned, multi-national fish farm corporations will have all the required permits and legal docs, etc. However, the FN's have lots of moral authority IMHO.

I'd say more of a supporter actual facts on the subject.

that's a laugh.
you guys keep preaching no evidence of this and that when the evidence is in full view. anyone who takes an interest in the subject of salmon farming is appalled at what they see and learn. anyone except those that are employed or monetarily financed by the fish farm industry... let me guess, might that be you birdsnest?
my interest is in the well being of what's left of our wild salmon resource.
You don't have to dig that deeply to see how morally bankrupt your industry has become and becomes more each day.

So I'm being bias when someone is factually incorrect about dead fish in a tote? I'm just supposed to join the crowd and say that video about those dead fish was informative and hits the mark when clearly it doesn't, just so I can appear to be unbiased? Do you think it was correct to call fish in that tote "wild salmon"? Are you being biased if you agree even when made aware of the facts about them? Well apparently I'm a fish farmer despite all my posts that suggest otherwise...lol. Been a biologist for awhile now. What's your background? How I'm I so knowledgeable about fish farms and Morton? Well thank you, but apparently I don't know what I'm talking about so does it really matter? I mean I'm not going to waste my time and yours. My criticism is more directed at remarks and conclusions by individuals such as Morton in regards to salmon biology rather than supporting aquaculture.

that's a laugh.
you guys keep preaching no evidence of this and that when the evidence is in full view.

Are you suggesting that I'm wrong about those fish in the totes? Are you suggesting that my comments about salmon carcasses and their decomposition is just a bunch of fluff and that the video about them accurately depicts what is happening? I'm willing to hear your evidence.

I'd say more of a supporter actual facts on the subject.
All depends on one's point of view, whether you support net pen fish farms or not. Shuswap by his/her previous posts on this forum definitely supports fish farms. To deny that is not being a 'supporter of actual facts on the subject'.

All depends on one's point of view, whether you support net pen fish farms or not. Shuswap by his/her previous posts on this forum definitely supports fish farms. To deny that is not being a 'supporter of actual facts on the subject'.

I believe I have read all of Shuswap's posts on this and other sites and I don't recall him (he is a him) stating he supports fish farms. We are also friends and he has never led me to believe he favors them. But who knows, perhaps he does.
What he does do is suggest people like Morton are often disingenuous and is quick show others her errors and I thank him for that.
Thing is, he is what she pretends to be.

How much do you know about those fish in those totes? As for dumping, have you ever seen a repitch pile of salmon carcasses on the riverbank or a pool in a salmon spawning stream with salmon carcasses at the bottom? What do think happens to those carcasses and what do you think is creeping in them? I admit that maggots are gross, but how do you think they get in those carcasses?

Although the video was intended to show this First Nations opposition to fish farms in their traditional territory without their consent the piece about these fish in these totes is filled with misinformation and highly dramatic meant to incite fear amongst First Nations, but does little to actually inform them or the general public. Identifying these as wild salmon from bones in a tote with rotting fish is laughable - not much else to say. Whether you agree or disagree with salmon farming in BC I find it hard to defend this Sea Shepard venture as legitimate science which in my opinion has done zero to further our knowledge about what folks want to know.

I watched the video, where did they say they were wild salmon?? Do they do testing on dead fish for the reasons they die ? I am sure a % of fish would die normally, no different than any type of farming( i do not want to see what happens on cattle ranches), I like my steak.

Be pretty awesome if the general public got this fired up about the main issues these fish are facing....NETS!!!!!
While yes there is some issues with farms, at least with them it's an easy fix- landlocked lakes. What about the Campbell river band who is raising them in pens on land? Can't remember the whole story, maybe someone can provide a link.

'
I believe I have read all of Shuswap's posts on this and other sites and I don't recall him (he is a him) stating he supports fish farms. We are also friends and he has never led me to believe he favors them. But who knows, perhaps he does.
What he does do is suggest people like Morton are often disingenuous and is quick show others her errors and I thank him for that.
Like I said before, it depends on whether you support fish farms, or not. Shuswap and a few others on this forum are quick to point out Morton's and others 'errors' who are against fish farms, but I don't see him pointing out the many errors, problems and controversies of the net pen fish farming industry, or their few supporters on this forum. So it is pretty obvious to see where ones bias is.

Last edited:

Haha. No wonder people
Distrust the fish farm industry. Just can't give a straight answer. Typical smoke and mirrors. if your a supporter fess up. Only reason not to is shame.

Last edited:
Back