Rock bay camping

Tangled

Does anyone have any info on the rock bay campground north of campbell river? I can't find much about it online. I have a 17 foot boat, is it possible to launch it there?
Is there very many spots to fish near the campground or do you have to run a fair ways?
Any help would be great
Thanks

Can't comment on the launch as it's been many years since I used it. The last time I used it you could launch a 17 foot'r easily. Lots of good fishing close to the ramp, Green Sea is short boat ride easily done in your boat.

Not sure if Ling Cod are open in that area anymore but there use to be lots around, one of my biggest was bought within site of the campground.

Does anyone have any info on the rock bay campground north of campbell river? I can't find much about it online. I have a 17 foot boat, is it possible to launch it there?
Is there very many spots to fish near the campground or do you have to run a fair ways?
Any help would be great
Thanks

Ive scoured the bowels of the internet trying to find some info but came up empty. I've spent a lot of time up there and it's a cool place but never been to Rock Bay. I'm heading up to that area this week so hopefully I'll get some info on the area. Pretty sure they have a little marina though so it may be worth launching at Browns Bay then running up north and then have someone run your vehicle around. Might be easier on your boat/trailer. Is it aluminum or glass? Shoot me a message and I'll give ya some info on good places to wet a line. Good bottom fish up there too.

I drove up there to check it out a few years ago. You should be good to go. Remember it being a long ramp down but...you can see it kinda on google map.

There is no website but the manager has a phone 604 209 0298. His name is Paul Montoya. There is a cement ramp that is best to launch on semi-high tides for bigger vessels. You can launch on low tides for 16-17 ft boats but you will be backing on to the beach past the ramp. I've done it lots as I have a 16 ft aluminum. Dock space is limited due to regulars mooring their boats. There is over night and weekend camping spots available with most campers paying for 6 month term. Best to call ahead. Fishers hit the wall above Chatham Point, Green Sea Bay, Noodle Channel along Sonora Island, and Hall Point. Can't tell you fishing has been lately, but heard a report of a 31 lb by a guy that took a 30 lb last year.
Logging road into Rock Bay is 30 minutes north of Campbell River and it is marked as Rock Bay road, Paul has a large sign with Rock Bay Campground on it. Turn off is on right- hand side of highway right before Amor De Comos River bridge. About 30 to 40 minutes on logging road to campground depending on road conditions...no hills.

No fuel available there, but Blind Channel Resort can fix you up for diesel/gas about 20 minute boat ride away.

Good Luck

Back