Rent Fully Equipped Boats on Vancouver Island?

I think someone has posted this before but is there somewhere to rent two equipped boats (downriggers, rods, etc.) on Vancouver Island? It doesn't matter where, probably be driving from Campbell River to the location. Ideally just for some inshore coho/pink salmon fishing, nothing too serious and no bottom fishing required.

Looking at their rates and all the nickel and diming for gear, pick up, cleaning etc. maybe just book a charter with a great guide on a bigger boat. How many guys will be fishing you said you needed two boats maybe one big charter boat would do.

A good guide should be able to put everyone into fish especially if you don't mind some pinks to go with the chinooks you should hit with your guide.

http://www.salmonboats.ca/ has some nice looking boats. I have a friend who used there boats a few years back and was satisfied.

DAJ

The Pinks off Sooke will drive you 'round the bend if you're fishing for Chinook...

No pink lures for Pinks there........they'll scarf all the Anchovies or Herring put in front of them....

Thanks for all the great info. Sooke looks like a great bet and the prices at Pedder Bay Marina look tough to beat. I don't think we'll be fishing for Chinook. Too many long runs and their gums are too black for my liking. Also if you're not careful they'll look right at you and spit the hook. Too stressful for a one day excursion. We will stick to the surface fighters. Pinks and coho until we are blue in the face.

no kidding, so because they didn't do walk throughs with their customers to determine damage they now have to stick it to future customers. Bleh
They also don't go over their gear before the client goes out... joined a couple of buddies for a day of fishing The Flats; one rigger had about 100' of wire - the other had 130' – 20’ up from the ball the wire was frayed badly :mad:

Thanks for all the great info. Sooke looks like a great bet and the prices at Pedder Bay Marina look tough to beat. I don't think we'll be fishing for Chinook. Too many long runs and their gums are too black for my liking. Also if you're not careful they'll look right at you and spit the hook. Too stressful for a one day excursion. We will stick to the surface fighters. Pinks and coho until we are blue in the face.

I've been renting boats and fishing out of Pedder bay for 20 years. If you want pinks and rentals you are talking about then Pedder bay mid July to Mid august can't be beat.

Don't even bother with anchovies. Pink, Red or purple haze flashers and pink hootchies on 18" leaders. Church Rock, Whirl Bay and Pedder Bay drag those around 20-90 feet down and you won't be able to keep your lines in the water.

Cheers.

Back