Renfrew?

the sea is still pretty big, how big is your boat?
I run to Ukee in May every year and it can be bad then.
Be careful.

My boat is 19 but I dont plan on going out until Mid May mabe later. I am anxious but not ready yet. Need tro get to know the boat on lakes etc. first. Too young to die! Thanks Al.

Not sure how accurate this is but I hear that most of the pilings have been wiped out this year and that there is a lot of silt in the river. Apparently the winter storms have made quite a mess up there this year as a result it is going to be tough getting a spot up there. Not sure if anyone else has heard the same thing.

I've also been up there lots recently, It is for 'experienced only' this early. We also had one day that was a 14 ft swell w/ 4ft wind wave on top, w/gusts to 44 S, running with it too!(9kts).[:0] There was no place to hide. [xx(] Please be careful!!!
No small boats would be happy out there!!![V] Choose your days, Look, Listen to Neah Bay weather, swell heights are important and change quickly. Travel w/someone who knows the local area. Monitor chnl 16 ...any one could need your help. It's a Big Ocean Out there[:X]

quote:Originally posted by Merrittboy

Do you guys go up from Sooke?

not in a 19' boat with single main power
it's wide open west coast and like hallilama said there's
no place to hide if it blows up

Back