Renfrew this weekend

A buddy and his son went last weekend. Caught 4 sockeye and 2 springs(smaller fish) each day. But that's sounding limited for Renfrew isn't it?

Went up last weekend. We went to the bank and got our Hali's, the coho were thick too. I would do all my fishing out at the banks unless you hear of some good fishing closer to shore. It was on and off at best around the usual inland places like Camper and Logan. There was a nice bite at Logan when we were there but they didn't like what we were offering.

Heard of lots of sockeye too for those who went out. I would have to say that anytime now the fishing should really turn on out there for salmon, not that it can't be good, it just wasn't in the cards for us. Got sealed too, for the first time...thought I had the fish of a lifetime on.[:I][:I]

We spent last weekend in Renfrew. Fished all day Saturday and Sunday, from East Point to the Dink, and most points in between. Saturday we got a halibut about 25#, Sunday a red snapper, a 16# spring and a 70# halibut (my first!). We hooked lots of fish at times out in the deep water, but never saw, or even played them long enough to know what they were. The big hali made it worthwhile, but it sounds like it would have been better to have stopped in Sooke. We're going to try again on the Labour Day weekend - I hope there are better numbers of salmon out there then...

Back