Removing writing on Scotchman buoy

andiestevens7

Hey fellas!
We just purchased a used anchor system and the previous owner has his name and number written on the buoy in sharpie/paint. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to remove it without destroying the buoy itself. Thanks :)

Try the dry marker over the permanent marker method. I know it works good on marker boards. If that doesn’t work try lacquer thinner. just dampen a rag and wiper it off. I wouldn’t let it sit on the buoy long it may start to melt it, I’m not sure.

good luck. i tried everything to remove my old ph# off the scotch man. acetone removed the most but it also discoloured it.

We use yellow duct tape to write new names on ours.

Hey fellas!
We just purchased a used anchor system and the previous owner has his name and number written on the buoy in sharpie/paint. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to remove it without destroying the buoy itself. Thanks :)
Methylene Chloride - you can get it from Fiberglass supply places like Fibertek.

Hey fellas!
Leave it on and if your worried about losing it, write your name and phone number on it as well. Someone might return it.

Clear primer for doing sprinkler lines. Put it on a rag then wipe off. I just used some purple stuff on mine and it took the paint off. Scribbled my name with jiffy and it took that off too.

If all above fails , I'd use a grinder , then if that doesn't work just buy another one (and then stop stealing them and buy your own) hahahaha.
No Joke, I use coppertone sport sunscreen spray on all magic / felt marker marks and it cleans it off easy, just spray and wait 2 min and wipe. I have never used on a buoy but give it a try , I'm serious ! Try it ! Don't bother , just tried doesn't work (but sure shines up the ball) .... Go back to grinder and buy new one , Good Luck !

Last edited:
Back