Unfortunately time to sell my boat

Drink

The time has come to reluctantly sell my boat. Combination of reaching my golden years and not used enough. Boat is located in Richmond.

BOAT Asking price $41,500. Canadian
$31,000. USA

CL for details: https://vancouver.craigslist.org/bnc/boa/d/burnaby-2006-wellcraft-232-coastal/6804369196.html

2006 Wellcraft 232 Coastal Walk Around

· Specs: http://www.boat.com/specs/wellcraft/cuddy-cabin/2015/coastal/232.html
· Excellent condition overall
· Hull gelcoat detailed December 2018 ($1,500) to remove the boat name
· 2nd owner, purchased Nanaimo January 2011
· 450 litre, 110 gallon gas tank- full
· Secure, boat shed, kept never in the water (Richmond home)-15 minutes from Blaine border crossing
· Clear and free title

Motors
· Main 2006 F250 Yamaha with 780 hours, well maintained, excellent condition.
· WOT 40 MPH, absolute correct motor for optimum performance
· Spare 4 blade stainless steel prop, as new
· Aux 2006 F9.9 high thrust/prop guard with about the same hours or less, excellent condition
· Carry case Yamaha F250 repair as well as owner manuals and full documentation of accessories

Trailer
· Excellent condition
· 2006 5400 dual axle Roadrunner trailer
· Strong Arm Power winch and battery
· Bearings done last year
· Galvanized, carpeted guide bars
· Spare tire and rim
· Walk grid
· Heavy duty tie downs
· Engine tilt trailering support-Yamaha wedge

ACCESSORIES
· Remote steering with Sea Star cable tie bar system to existing Sea Star hydraulic system-703 Yamaha controls from the helm http://www.seastarsolutions.com/products/hydraulic-new/outboard-new/seastar_kicker/
· Standalone 2011 Standard Horizon CP300 c/w 2 Max C-Map software chips, loaded fishing coordinates BC
· Sitex 2011- 24 mile radius Radar dome integrated to CP300 Standalone
· Standalone 2011 Lowrance 515C depth sounder-excellent sounder
· ICOM 2016 412 VHF-MMSI space available to SH GPS CP300
· Shakespeare 8' antenna , spare 4’ Shakespeare antenna
· Electric Scotty Downriggers and swivels, c/w scotty covers
· Wash down
· Remote glow light with helm controls
· Drop down curtains to enclosure
· Wired NMEA 0183 network in place with 2000 compatible ports
· Lowrance Fuel Management system
· Start standalone main battery and Trojan DC accessory 2014 with ACR management configuration with dash LED
· Fresh water system
· On board Guest dual port battery charger and maintainer
· Upgraded Tempest boat seats
· Rocket launcher
· Main Spare keys
· Cuddy Rod holders
· Up to date flares and safety Transport Canada requirements all in place
· Anchor package
· Radio- AM/FM, 4-speakers, cd with pod connector

Jim at 604-435-2131

Attachments

• P1050706.JPG
    P1050706.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 322
  • P1050701.JPG
    P1050701.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 315
Nice boat well worth the price. If I wouldn't of had mine bought by now I would have jumped on this one. I don't think it will take long to sell.

Nice boat well worth the price. If I wouldn't of had mine bought by now I would have jumped on this one. I don't think it will take long to sell.
Not overall happy about this walleyes as I have had a boat of some type for over 60 years and will always question whether or not I have done the right thing. Hopefully it sells and I am sure in the end it will go to a good home.

Not overall happy about this walleyes as I have had a boat of some type for over 60 years and will always question whether or not I have done the right thing. Hopefully it sells and I am sure in the end it will go to a good home.

Well unfortunately I think we will all have to come to that point in our life. Things change, priorities change that's life. It's money tied up and if your not using it why have it sit there. If your not going out often I'm sure the void can be filled going out with friends or if your only going out a couple times a year it's cheaper to hire a guide than keep and maintain a boat. Sounds to me like your just being practical.

Best of luck on the sale.

Th
Well unfortunately I think we will all have to come to that point in our life. Things change, priorities change that's life. It's money tied up and if your not using it why have it sit there. If your not going out often I'm sure the void can be filled going out with friends or if your only going out a couple times a year it's cheaper to hire a guide than keep and maintain a boat. Sounds to me like your just being practical.

Best of luck on the sale.
Thanks Walleyes for the comforting words. I have good buddies that I am sure will help keep me happy in the future.
Really tuff though as it is happening far too fast as I have 2 full deposit commitments and a willing 3rd to full price already in the 2 days on the market. Bring on some R&C, rattle the glass, toughen up and somehow deal with it. LOL.

Fished on that boat many times with the previous owner. In fact, 2nd pic in the Craig's list ad is mine on the way home from Kyuquot (no royalties required heh heh heh) . She fishes very well.

Drink, if you would like more pics of her, I would be happy to pm them to you.

Cheers

Fin

Last edited:
Fished on that boat many times with the previous owner. In fact, 2nd pic in the Craig's list ad is mine on the way home from Kyuquot (no royalties required heh heh heh) . She fishes very well.

Drink, if you would like more pics of her, I would be happy to pm them to you.

Cheers

Fin
Thanks Fin, when I bought the boat from your buddy in 2011 I knew it was well looked after and I tried to do much the same. Have lots of pictures so thanks anyway. This fishing community is a small world and hopefully from what I can tell from the new potential owner from Victoria that he fishes all the same West Coast destinations as we do so it will be going to a good home.

Hey that would be a great trip, you guys can talk about the last time the Nucks won the cup :eek::D:rolleyes:
I can't answer for the rest of the crew but how did you know Mr. Jackel? You nailed it in one way but actually in the past we spent more time talking about us, how great we were, what could have been and what the hell happened. Quite boring really. The rest of the time was eating incredible hamburgers on Slip Knot, finishing up by bashing the Leafs then followed up with a nap. Perfect day. The Canucks thats another story all together. Great trip always. LOL.

I can't answer for the rest of the crew but how did you know Mr. Jackel? You nailed it in one way but actually in the past we spent more time talking about us, how great we were, what could have been and what the hell happened. Quite boring really. The rest of the time was eating incredible hamburgers on Slip Knot, finishing up by bashing the Leafs then followed up with a nap. Perfect day. The Canucks thats another story all together. Great trip always. LOL.
IMG_20180813_083609_449.jpg

Sold my boat today. Whole process took about 6 days. Went to a good home in Victoria, sad to see it go but at the same time comfortable I have made the right decision. The good thing is she will never have to face the BC Ferries lineup and fees anytime soon. LOL.

Congrats on the sales!
Speaking of the BC Ferries lineup; I bought my 1st boat in late 90s in Nanaimo. Years later, we moved to Van. When I put the boat up for sale in 2006, guy from Ladysmith came next day and bought the boat. It's a small world :)

Congrats on the sales!
Speaking of the BC Ferries lineup; I bought my 1st boat in late 90s in Nanaimo. Years later, we moved to Van. When I put the boat up for sale in 2006, guy from Ladysmith came next day and bought the boat. It's a small world :)
For sure BCRingo its a small world. Bought my boat in Nanaimo like mentioned, for sale in Richmond and now back to Victoria. You gotta wonder sometimes. Bc ferries has made money off all my adventures, no doubt.

Congrats on the sale. I just went through the same thing last April . My last boat I had 22 years 26 hourston sport fish was like losing a very good friend. I'm 65 years old and like your self it was time for various reasons to sell. But I still river fish pretty much all year and even took up lake fishing.The years seem to click by pretty quick as we get older, so happy new adventures and enjoy. Rich

Congrats on the sale. I just went through the same thing last April . My last boat I had 22 years 26 hourston sport fish was like losing a very good friend. I'm 65 years old and like your self it was time for various reasons to sell. But I still river fish pretty much all year and even took up lake fishing.The years seem to click by pretty quick as we get older, so happy new adventures and enjoy. Rich
Thanks Rich, coming up 70 and I don't know where the time went. Nothing but great memories but I will still hope to continue to hit the waterways with good friends or charter out. Still river fly fish for steelhead when openings permit and lake fishing with the grandkids and sharing those memories with them is satisfying . Still not the chuck but at least I am out there. With a little cash in my pocket I am looking into getting a Jon boat of some sort. Thinking about a Journey, Spratley or Lowe's. Not sure which at this point. Now what to do with a ton of saltwater fishing gear?

Thanks Rich, coming up 70 and I don't know where the time went. Nothing but great memories but I will still hope to continue to hit the waterways with good friends or charter out. Still river fly fish for steelhead when openings permit and lake fishing with the grandkids and sharing those memories with them is satisfying . Still not the chuck but at least I am out there. With a little cash in my pocket I am looking into getting a Jon boat of some sort. Thinking about a Journey, Spratley or Lowe's. Not sure which at this point. Now what to do with a ton of saltwater fishing gear?

Well then you must remember like it was yesterday when Canada's team the Leafs were hoisting the Stanley Cup :D Congrats on selling your boat!!

Back