Removing algae growth from hull???

TheRock

What is the best way to remove algae growth from your boat hull?
Any suggestions or tips I would highly appreciate them!! Saturday we are taking out our boat from the marina that has been moored over the spring/summer. I have seen some guys pull their boats onto their trailers and right away before the algae dries, spray the bottom of the boat with bleach! with a pump sprayer and let sit for awhile and hose it all down with the dock fresh water hose... Has any one else done this before?? Will the bleach damage the hull under coat paint and or stain the boats fiberglas?? Do you use straight bleach or 50/50 bleach and water? Any suggestions or opinions be greatly appreciated!

Rock,straight bleach works the best.Spray it on let sit and it will kill the algae.

Mike

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Thanks oguard, I went with straight bleach and prayed the entire bottom of the boat and back end of the boat under the motors where the barnacles and mussels had started a large colony... the bleach did an amazing job!!! every thing came off easily after hosing every thing down... it looked like the boat was never moored!! One word of caution though when spraying the bleach do not wear your good cloths, I totally ruined my good long sleeve shirt!!

Back