Refresh Page, Re-Log on??

FishNazi

Why can't I post or edit my posts without getting a message telling me that I don't have Permission and that I have TO REFRESH AND RE-LOG ON. I get this message over and over and over. It takes about 6 refresh and re log ons to post IF it even lets me post.

This is most likely a browser caching issue. Your Web browser makes a copy of each page you visit and stores this page info in its cache. For security reasons, pages that require you to log in are not stored in your cache. Your browser is essentially reaching into its cache and grabbing a copy of a previous page that you were on when you weren't logged in. The forum software thinks you're not logged in and then issues the error message.

Best way to deal with this is to clear your browser's cache and then restart your browser.

Chris

Ya Chris, I don't think that's what's going on here bud... I've cleared my cache several times. I also cannot, simply cannot, edit one of my posts. I tried several times to edit one recent post then eventually copied the entire mssg, then reposted it with my edit ...which took many attempts to post. Only thru the " Go Advanced" option was I able to post, again after several attempts. But it is impossible to edit my own post, as well as the difficulty with posting.
Also, when replying to a private mssg, I was transferred (in the middle of typing) to a "Report a Website", site...?? I had to refresh the page and re-sign in, again...
I get around the pc fairly well and I would think that if my pc was acting up, it would do similar antics on other sites and forums. It only happens here Chris.
Just hope to figure where this glitch or virus or whatever is originating... more of a heads-up than anything.

...just happened again trying to post this. Had to refresh, re-log on, go to the "Go Advanced" option...

Back