Recommendations - Boat top maker Richmond - Van area

TheBigGuy

Hi guys.

Looking for some recommendations for a good boat top maker in the Richmond or Vancouver area. Some shops are quite expensive, and prices vary quite a bit. So, if anyone knows a place that does good work at a reasonable price, any referrals would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ivers boat tops in aldergrove, has done a few for me and always a perfect job,
Well worth the travel, if your larger I believe he will come to you

Thank you for the suggestion Hookin'up, but I'm looking for someone a little closer to home. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Haruna Sales. They are at 3rd and Clark in Vancouver. I used for my top and seats and was happy with their work. They've been doing it a long time.

Thank you daddystoy , I was thinking of going to them. I was still hoping for a recommendation in Richmond. Anyone with a Good experience with a Richmond shop please let me know.

Haruna is the best bet around here. They do stand behind their work and have done great for me twice.

M & M Canvas, 10740 Ashcroft Ave, Richmond, BC, V7A 3C1, 604-274-2549 (Roy Momeyer). He made me a complete Bimini top with all the curtains for my Boston Whaler and did an excellent job.

Thanks for both your referrals. Haruna was booked up for a bit. M&M was not answering when I called, so I left a message and hopefully he will get back to me. Any more suggestions?

Thanks for both your referrals. Haruna was booked up for a bit. M&M was not answering when I called, so I left a message and hopefully he will get back to me. Any more suggestions?

I think your going to find most everyone is booked up this time of the year, but you never know you might get lucky

Make sure you tell haruna to use stainless rivets in the stainless snaps they install in your hull. They used aluminium in mine and I have a galvanic corrosion disaster on my hands. Also tell them to lay off the sharpy marks for layout. I have some nice marks all over my windshield frames

Use zippo lighter fluid & rag to wipe off sharpie marks Steely.

Thanks for the replies. Roy from M&M is coming to look at my boat in the morning. He said he could have it done by the end of the week, and at under half the cost Haruna figured on. I'll report back on how things turn out. Thanks again.

Just to update. Roy from M&M Canvas took care of the work on my boat this week. He did the work in 3 days and did a very good job. He made the rear section of top I was wanting for $300. Haruna estimated the same work at $800. So all in all I'd say I'm very happy with his price, his speed of service, and his workmanship. Thank you AIK for the referral.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back