Recommendation for flooring?

rendraW

Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a vinyl-type flooring installer for a fiberglass boat in the Victoria area? I could probably do it myself but am not a pro by any means. Any tips re: installation would be great too if someone has experience doing it themselves.

Thanks

Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a vinyl-type flooring installer for a fiberglass boat in the Victoria area? I could probably do it myself but am not a pro by any means. Any tips re: installation would be great too if someone has experience doing it themselves.

Thanks

best to do it yourself. i am doing it myself using marine plywood with non slip carpet from rona. very cheap and light. i am using two coats of diamond gloss wood finish which forms a tough moisture proof barrier.

Do you fish lots? May wish to reconsider carpet if you do.Having had carpet in my last boat it taught me one little math lesson.

Fishing + carpet = wish I never did that.

DIY.......vinyl deck covering
Very simple, contact cement it down to a smooth surface

I used a vinyl plank product sold a Home Depot for the inside flooring on the boat to replace the stinky wet carpet. Stuff I used is called Allure Traffic Master. It's a high quality product that snugs together with an overlapping connector. Rubber no slip back that does not require a glue-down to hold it in place. I've had it in the boat for 2 seasons now and it looks brand new. The surface is rough and doesn't get slippery when wet. Cleans up easy with a mop or a wipe. I think the total cost to do the inside of my boat was something like $80 and it took 2 boxes with 1 plank left over. Stuff cuts easily with a utility knife or heavy scissors.

Back