Suzuki Corrosion Problem

Luckyg

So... after years and years of very reliable service it looks like my 2003 DF115 has an engine holder exhaust plug corrosion problem. Searching the net I see that this is a very common problem (I literally had no idea) and that the repair is to either replace the holder or have the port welded up.

My question, does anyone have experience welding the engine holder and any recommendation in Victoria for someone who could do this work?

Thanks in advance.

You can buy the gold plug off of ebay and get a mechanic to do the job but for that vintage of motor and if used in salt water, I'd just weld it. Breakers in Alberni might be able to help. Good luck!

You can buy the gold plug off of ebay and get a mechanic to do the job but for that vintage of motor and if used in salt water, I'd just weld it. Breakers in Alberni might be able to help. Good luck!
thanks, really hoping someone closer to Victoria might have experience with this repair

thanks, really hoping someone closer to Victoria might have experience with this repair
Mine went 3 yrs ago local shops wanted $1800 dollars for the part I went thru Campbell river boat land they got the part from Toronto think it was $1400 awesome service and a outboard fella in Sidney did the labour for cash just over a $1000 into a big job power Hd has to come off plus new gaskets etc mine was a 2004 with only 500 hrs very common problem rite thru to the 140 as well Sooke Marine has done a few too bad they are a great product !

Id say getting over 20 years on a outboard is great hopefully a quick fix, most dont make it that long.

Back