re-colored my reel

kingblazer84

Mucked around with a re-color for a couple days with a extra reel I had around, Always liked the look of Brendan's reel west coast islander so tried to copy it as close as I could!

its not pro but itll do haha

Attachments

• image2 (15).jpeg
    image2 (15).jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 171
  • image1 (16).jpeg
    image1 (16).jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 172
  • image0 (19).jpeg
    image0 (19).jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 172
What sort of primer is it? I’ve only had luck with zinc chromate on aluminum, but always looking for options since that stuff is pretty toxic
I've used this stuff before. Goes on nice and smooth and dries quickly. You can find it at Lordco.

I've used this stuff before. Goes on nice and smooth and dries quickly. You can find it at Lordco.
I haven’t had great results with self etch, and that’s with muriatic acid wash and acetone. Was a different brand than that though

I haven’t had great results with self etch, and that’s with muriatic acid wash and acetone. Was a different brand than that though
Try the one I posted. I've tried other ones too and they went on ridiculously thick and were basically unusable. The Dominion brand is nice but expensive.

Looks great, the "reel" test will be how it stands up over a few seasons of hard fishing. This sure has a lot of potential. Will be interesting to follow how it stands up.

Does that work on aluminum? My window frames on my boat are looking pretty grim these days. I need to strip and redo them

Does that work on aluminum? My window frames on my boat are looking pretty grim these days. I need to strip and redo them
Yes it works on aluminum. But any paint won’t be as good as powder coat or anodizing. If you’re pulling your frames out, you might have well have them re-anodized or powdercoated.

Back